Just got Gran Tourismo 4...its awesome!!

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
The entire intro is dedicated to the Ford GT...gotta love that, especially from a once import-dominated game. Graphics are better, sound is better, driving action is VERY LIFE-LIKE, and the number of new tracks is astounding. The background scenery has also been enhanced greatly. On a large TV it seems like you are really there. I like that you can also transfer licenses and $ from GT3 (although limited). First impression is definitely WOW! I will be addicted to this game for a while! I bought a Viper as my first car and now I am just tearing through the lesser races with it and gathering money for the next car...the GT. :pepper: You will not be dissapointed with this game. It was worth the wait.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Buy a piece of junk and make money to buy a real car....just like real life! I made the mistake of buying the 2005 Mustang GT and spending all my money to make 535HP (so far) when I could have just bought a BMW M3 or a 03 Viper SRT-10. I got all my licenes so I don't want to re-do everything. Oh well. But I DO think this is the best racing game out. Forza racing is in deep do-do. X-Box may have better graphics and what not but no game will ever top the Gran Turismo series!

-Mike

aoe_viruz

Established Member
SALEENstang96 said:
Buy a piece of junk and make money to buy a real car....just like real life! I made the mistake of buying the 2005 Mustang GT and spending all my money to make 535HP (so far) when I could have just bought a BMW M3 or a 03 Viper SRT-10. I got all my licenes so I don't want to re-do everything. Oh well. But I DO think this is the best racing game out. Forza racing is in deep do-do. X-Box may have better graphics and what not but no game will ever top the Gran Turismo series!

-Mike

I don't want to start a GT4 vs Forza debate, but I disagree with what you said. I have been an advid GT series freak. Played them all and beat all but the first one. But with GT4, It just seems too much like GT3 with some extra cars and tracks.

Forza on the other hand is going to be a fresh breath of air. Its just seems like a much more "fun" racing game to me. With it being on Xbox Live it just make's that 10x more fun because you get all that replayability.

So in conclusion, GT4 is a great game. Good improved physics, craploads of cars, and of course Nurburgring! But Forza is going to be on my TV screen longer than GT4 will be I think.

Big 8

Established Member
Buy the FPV Typhoon! Not to costly and damn quick! Easy to mod! The other thread listed all the FORD offering but missed out on the Australlians! The Falcons kick ass!

GT4 is a great game, but I think its hard to live up to the hype, the whole series is a little long in the tooth, but I still get a kick out of it! :D

vicious781

Former Army Brat
Established Member
:cryying: Nuts........Ive been waiting so long, and they don't have it yet at the PX over here in Kuwait :( Is the 03'-04' Cobra in the game?

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
Badgts said:
The entire intro is dedicated to the Ford GT...gotta love that, especially from a once import-dominated game. Graphics are better, sound is better, driving action is VERY LIFE-LIKE, and the number of new tracks is astounding. The background scenery has also been enhanced greatly. On a large TV it seems like you are really there. I like that you can also transfer licenses and $ from GT3 (although limited). First impression is definitely WOW! I will be addicted to this game for a while! I bought a Viper as my first car and now I am just tearing through the lesser races with it and gathering money for the next car...the GT. :pepper: You will not be dissapointed with this game. It was worth the wait.

Congrats on the game brutha! Just thought I'd offer my GT4 experience and help you get your Ford GT ASAP! Since you have the Viper it should be pretty easy. Mod it somewhat so its fast, then do the stars and stripes races in the American events. 3 races, 10,000 a race and when you win all three you get a Camaro LM race car you can sell for 212k. There's your GT. Best part about it is you can do that as many times as you want. Good luck man.

vicious781

Former Army Brat
Established Member
BlueOvalAvenger said:
Nah, no 03 or 04 in the game. Only have the 2000 SVT Cobra R.

Son of a.......I needed some kind of subsitute to tide me over until I get back from this sandbox and buy a real one. Oh well, guess I just have to wait.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I've been using the B-Spec "autopilot" to race my 05 Mustang and win me cash while I play Halo 2 online!

As of last night I have:
05 Mustang GT
Cobra R
Taurus SHO
Chevelle 454
Camaro LM Racer (with turbo upgrades it says it'll be in the 900hp range.. can't wait to get some more $$, I'm broke already).

Anyone else notice a graphics glitch where the screen and text "blurs" for a second or two then goes back? My buddy has it on his new "mini" PS2 also.. :shrug:

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
I've been using the B-Spec "autopilot" to race my 05 Mustang and win me cash while I play Halo 2 online!

As of last night I have:
05 Mustang GT
Cobra R
Taurus SHO
Chevelle 454
Camaro LM Racer (with turbo upgrades it says it'll be in the 900hp range.. can't wait to get some more $$, I'm broke already).

Anyone else notice a graphics glitch where the screen and text "blurs" for a second or two then goes back? My buddy has it on his new "mini" PS2 also.. :shrug:

I haven't noticed anything like that so far and I've been playing quite a lot. Whenever I was waiting to buy my copy of GT4 one of the guys at gamestop was talking about the new PS2s and he said they were pieces of crap because they overheat. The new thin models dont have any cooling fans to help it stay cool, it just has a heat sink. I haven't looked at one but you might want to look and make sure if there are any heat vents that they aren't covered up or blocked in any way.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Yeah, mine goes blurry just before the race load, and on the pace lap. It quits right before the race starts. I just figured they were going for that trackside camera vibration look.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
IEatGt's said:
That's what mine does!

After all those delays I'm sure they noticed it. Glad they took time to fix it :cuss: .

And the wings... WHAT THE HELL is up with the wing selection?

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
1Bad281 said:
are their any lambos or ferraris in the game? thanks

JJ

NO, I don't get it.
50 different Skylines but no Lambo, Ferraris or Porsches. Ruf is in the game but only 2 cars. I would have loved to see the Yellowbird in this game.

Big 8

Established Member
Yellow Bird is in? Look under classics in RUF!..... Also put me down for the vibration glitch! Looks like its effecting all the games. Does sony do a recall?

They org stated the Ferrari wanted too much $$$$? Lambo is part of Audi so I dont see why they didnt get them? As long as these key cars are missing Gran Turismo is always going to come up a little short.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
1Bad281 said:
are their any lambos or ferraris in the game? thanks

JJ
Don't quote me on this but, I heard that Ferrari and Lamborghini are bastards when it comes to allowing their cars to be licenced out. I assume that it means that a company has to dish out a lot of cash just to use their likeness. It's a shame because they would have been popular cars in the GT series. I just don't get how Need for Speed can get Ferrari's and Lambo's but the moguls that make Gran Turismo can't. Oh boy, my brain hurts....I gotta sit down for a while.

aoe_viruz said:
I don't want to start a GT4 vs Forza debate, but I disagree with what you said. I have been an advid GT series freak. Played them all and beat all but the first one. But with GT4, It just seems too much like GT3 with some extra cars and tracks.

Forza on the other hand is going to be a fresh breath of air. Its just seems like a much more "fun" racing game to me. With it being on Xbox Live it just make's that 10x more fun because you get all that replayability.

So in conclusion, GT4 is a great game. Good improved physics, craploads of cars, and of course Nurburgring! But Forza is going to be on my TV screen longer than GT4 will be I think.
I see your point. I probably should reserve my comments until I play Forza, lol. I'm just really faithful to the PS2 and never really got the whole "X-Box" thing. But if it's got cars involved, you better belive I'll get my hands on it and then pass judgement. Are there better Ford cars in Forza by any chance, maybe the 03-04 Cobra??? That would REALLY help in it's fight against GT4 in my eyes.

-Mike

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
BlueOvalAvenger said:
Congrats on the game brutha! Just thought I'd offer my GT4 experience and help you get your Ford GT ASAP! Since you have the Viper it should be pretty easy. Mod it somewhat so its fast, then do the stars and stripes races in the American events. 3 races, 10,000 a race and when you win all three you get a Camaro LM race car you can sell for 212k. There's your GT. Best part about it is you can do that as many times as you want. Good luck man.
Sweet!! Thanks for the info! :beer:

criswatts

Established Member
I think Ferrari is going to be on FORZA not sure about Lambo. I played the demo for it and they had the Ferrari race car.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
And the wings... WHAT THE HELL is up with the wing selection?

Put a wing on and you can adjust downforce. May help ya win races. That is if you want it on your car.

Users who are viewing this thread