Just got done with my first auto x event and

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
I'm hooked. I made my street tires scream for their lives but I'm really impressed with how the car handled. I'm glad I decided to keep the IRS after all. Now I need more suspension mods, beef up the IRS and get some stickier tires. Oh god my bank account... :D

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
definatley

I'm with you man.

After autocrossing a few times, drag racing seems boring. :shrug:

I ran the Cobra 3 times last year and could not believe how fun it was. Autocross is where these cars really shine and watching another 80-90 people beat the piss out of their cars was pretty fun too.

I just needed alittle more of the driver mod myself.

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
Well they put me in a BMT class because of my caster camber plates. So i was with a few WRX STI's, regular WRX's, an older supra and there was an evo as well. I only got a few of my times, but they were around 46 seconds. The fastest that I saw was a 42 from one of the STIs. I killed a couple of cones along the way. I was just happy to get out there and run.

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Killing cones is bad...adds more time to your run. Set your sites on FTD and spend some bucks for a driver's school. Best mod you can make. You'll get there...

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
I dont think i drove that bad but i can definitley use some schooling. It was just learning where the cars breaking points where and at what points I can push it. I thought overall I did pretty good. My buddy who belongs to the alfa club that put it on said he was pretty impressed with my first time out there.

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
It's a drug...you're hooked now.

A driving school will teach you things you'll always remember, like getting the car off-balance for a turn, apex points, braking techniques, etc.

To this day, I still find myself spotting the apex at the end of the isle at Kroger, and finding the best spot to go in deep and out-brake the blue hair before the turn!

One quick tip...you need to be slow to go fast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread