Just Got Car Running and Already Racing

16 Valves

Established Member
I got my Mustang running Saturday and by Thursday with 152 miles I am already racing an 2003 Cobra. It seemed stock but who can tell and I did win by the way. It actually started with a 5.0 conv. trying to race me, then when we both got to a stoplight, between us was an 03 cobra and he decided to get in on the fun. The light went green we sat next to each other as I spun tire to 6500 RPM (radial T/A) then once I hit second it was over. Anyways just thought I would make my first post on this website about me actually winning a race. Hope to have many more like this.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
good kill. Do you have any pics, vids, stats, list of mods, timeslips, or dyno sheets to back that up? I am not disbelieving, just curious as to what setup you went with that can beat an '03 cobra considering your car is prolly a few hundred pounds heavier.

16 Valves

Established Member
I just got the car running on the 19th of July so no dyno sheet or anything like that. My car is actually lighter the weight on my car is 3350 and an 03 cobra is 3600. As far as my car goes here we go:

1968 Mustang Fastback (blue with parchment interior)
- 351 Windsor (.030 over = 357 ci)
- World Heads (with a lot of port work)
- Elgin racing cam (roller 224/230 @ .050 , 580 lift, 108 lobe
separation)
- 1.7 rockers
- 10.8:1 compression
- RPM Air Gap intake w/ 750 double pumper
- C4 w/ 3200 stall converter
- 3.00:1 gears (no posi/well sometimes)
- Radial T/A 245/60/14
That's about it.

S.C.L.A.98COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by 16 Valves
I just got the car running on the 19th of July so no dyno sheet or anything like that. My car is actually lighter the weight on my car is 3350 and an 03 cobra is 3600. As far as my car goes here we go:

just wondering who did the work on your 68 Fastback?

G-STANG

Established Member
Lets see some pics

What good taste you have, a 68 fastback. How does the car run on the street. Does it get really tempermental and overheat . My car on hot day used to do that till it ogt stolen:( . What times have you run at the track. I'm looking for another car right now . Any info would help me build a better car. I bought my car and left it the way the other owner had it set up.Didn't own it long enough to start dumping money into it. It had a 302 with a mild cam and the guy who I bought it from said it did 13.9 with slicks. Whenever I get around to posting pics and how to post them I will. Good luck with your car.

16 Valves

Established Member
03DOCH: Neither, just a random black 2003 Cobra. Tony actually asked if I wanted to race tonight, but I just didn't feel up to it.

S.C.L.A.98Cobra: It depends on what work you are talking about. The paint was done at a local body shop here in Cali. called Gene's Auto Body. All suspension and interior was done by myself as well as the combination. The motor was assembled and machined at Bayshore Racing Engines in SF. My friend Tony and I beefed up the factory C-4 myself. All other fab work was done by me. I attempt to get up some pics.

Cobra4pt6: Actually, I can't stall it up at all because of the one-legger. I leave at about half-3/4 throttle then floor it doing about 20-30 and it keeps the tire spinnage to a minimum.

G-Stang: The car has never gone about 195 and it has idled for about a half hour to an hour on a fairly hot day (65 - 75). It has a griffin crossflow radiator, edelbrock water pump, and electric fan (180 thermostat). It will hopefully once I put the 3.89s and locker, slicks, and 9 inch it will hopefully run a low 12 high 11 on the motor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread