bradlewis30

Established Member
just got back from the dyno numbers seem low add first dyno run

1035866[/ATTACH]"]
CopyofPage2.jpg
1035868[/ATTACH]"]
CopyofPage1.jpg

get can post as a pic

70 out side humidity 20% pressure 30.15 those are corrected numbers uncorrected was hp 372 tq 359 there factor was 1.15
KB 2.4 12psi

6500 above sea level

Attachments

• CopyofPage2.jpg
    CopyofPage2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 65
  • CopyofPage1.jpg
    CopyofPage1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

ctubbs

Established Member
You got problems. Stock cobras make more power then that off the show room floor. Either your tune is way off, or you have a engine problem. I am no mechanic, maybe someone else will chime in and give you a better direction to start. Good luck!

svt2ner

Established Member
Must be the sea level? youre at least a good 150hp+ off where you could be. You sure you got a kb?

Last edited:

bradlewis30

Established Member
no its not the first time i have had something tuned. My lighting didnt make alot up here either running 15psi 2.2 but the other place had a bigger correction factor finshline performance.

Its not tunned that was a base line. And my eaton uncorrected put down 300hp on a mustang dyno. I am just looking to get 400 to the wheels at 6500 feet was hope someone else would have when threw the samething. The place i went was Revolutions Performance here in colorado springs

bradlewis30

Established Member
all i know is that there are alot of place here that over inflate numbers on hp some have a %23 but what ever you make on there dyno will match up at the track i could use a higher correction factor and be at 457rwhp on 12psi air to fuel start at 12.5 and goes down to 10.5 as rpms rise and on the stock eaton 10psi my air to fuel went from 12.5 to 9.9 at 6000rpm just looking for someone else running uncorrected number at 6000 plus feet

jumperjack

Established Member
I think for 12 lbs. boost at 6500 ft above sea level those numbers aren't all that terrible. Making 12 lbs. of boost at that elevation requires more HP to spin the blower faster then to make 12 lbs. of boost at sea level. If you are in Colorado I assume you are running 91 also. What pulley setup are you running? And I don't think you mentioned your timing. One more thing it looks as though you only pulled to about 5700 rpms.

bradlewis30

Established Member
ya that was all the place i did a base line at wanted to take up to but it was still climing the timming is the factory tune. I just needed something to base off of the tune i am getting next week i know from before the numbers can be change or made low so that you get a tune your number spike and this place has made you all this horsepower thats why i had to go somewhere diffierent just to get a idea and after he tunes it i am going to go back and do another baseline there to see how well it got tunned.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Wait til you get it tuned....hell my car made 40 more rwhp just changing the plugs lol (they were really awful autolites) If your not the original owner you might want to check over some of the basic stuff first.

bradlewis30

Established Member

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I made 350 ish uncorrected on a dyno jet with an 2.76 upper, intake, bassani exhaust (minus headers). My elevation is right around 5280ft but the DA is rarely under 7000 ft in the summer. The correction factor was 1.21.

So you had a lower corrcection number and on a mustang dyno. So a higer correction factor and on a dyno jet that would be around 500 for sure corrected. Is 12 psi even really spinning the 2.2? I would guess you want to run at least 17 psi.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If the dyno was set up for SAE standards it should have made all of the corrections, and given the number that would be seen at sea level. In any case, my 612hp tune would make 490rwhp at 6500ft uncorrected. So glad I don't live in high altitude.

bradlewis30

Established Member
i made uncorrected 372hp and 359tq on a dyno dynamics dynamometer made 300hp uncorrected eaton 10psi and on a mustang dyno, 12psi here is like running 15 at sea level and its a KB 2.4 i am starting to think that this dyno i went to is just low but then again i see alot of peolpe on heres dyno numbers and then see there 1/4 times and trap speeds and they dont jive to what horsepower they are claiming to put down i am not trying to flame know one but even if your a bad drive your best 1/4 times should not be off by a 1.2 seconds and the trap speed shouldnt be that of a car with 60 less rear horsepower. But i guess the only way to know is take it to the track and see what it turns i would love to turn a high 12.99 so we will see after i get it tuned next week

Last edited:

Rice Eatr

Established Member
i made uncorrected 372hp and 359tq on a dyno dynamics dynamometer made 300hp uncorrected eaton 10psi and on a mustang dyno, 12psi here is like running 15 at sea level and its a KB 2.4 i am starting to think that this dyno i went to is just low but then again i see alot of peolpe on heres dyno numbers and then see there 1/4 times and trap speeds and they dont jive to what horsepower they are claiming to put down i am not trying to flame know one but even if your a bad drive your best 1/4 times should not be off by a 1.2 seconds and the trap speed shouldnt be that of a car with 60 less rear horsepower. But i guess the only way to know is take it to the track and see what it turns i would love to turn a high 12.99 so we will see after i get it tuned next week

I don't understand why you would switch blowers and run the stock tune with elevated boost...:shrug: Don't take it to the track, take it and get it tuned first. :beer:

There are very few people who live in 6,500' + elevation. Elevation plays a huge factor in power output and ET's. Anyone who actually races understands that.

There is more to ET's than just dyno #'s (which can easily be manipulated as well) - Weight, suspension, tires, driving experience, etc. I have seen quite a few 600+ RWHP TS and Nitrous Eaton guys run high 11's and 12's in 1,000' and below elevation.

bradlewis30

Established Member
And i agree with about the dyno numbers do not meaning anything at the track, that was what i was trying to get at just because you have a dyno run saying you make 483rwhp and your car wieght will say 4100 on the heavy side with you in it you should not be running 13.20 and 102 trap speed that all i was getting at your hp number at trap speed dont match and i know there are a lot of factors in you 1/4 time but trap speed should not be hurt as bad thats all, alot of these rwhp number just dont match to the track times claimed one way or another
i am not going to the track till i get it tuned next week at srtunning and it is running so rich that 2 more psi is not going to hurt anything, ya i might be able to get 25 more hp with a good tune but i also thought the stock tunned ecu was safe as long as your under 13psi. Hopefully some one who know more the me will take a look at it and tell me

Last edited:

Rice Eatr

Established Member
The power curves are different for each blower. I wouldn't even look at it until you get it tuned for your set up. :beer:

Chris

Venomm

Established Member
shit dude that about 7hp away from me :) AND I HAVE 6lb lower 2.9 upper stage IV blower maf.ia and BAP !! should make ya feel good!!! haha noone can figure out why i made 460rwhp on stock blowr, stock lower, intake, and exhaust and install everything in below in sig and loose 30hp :) welcome to the world of Cobras on Dyno :( PISSES ME OFF!

VNM281

Established Member
I think for 12 lbs. boost at 6500 ft above sea level those numbers aren't all that terrible. Making 12 lbs. of boost at that elevation requires more HP to spin the blower faster then to make 12 lbs. of boost at sea level.

Users who are viewing this thread