Just Got back From the DYNO at Amazon

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
Whassup guys, Amazon at a dyno day today and I dynoed my new 96 cobra vert and I am very pleased. The car has a K&N filter, pullies, Bassani X pipe w/cats, and flowmasters. It dynoed 299 hp and 291 tq on the mustang dyno at AMAZON. I was very pleased, now time to mod her up. I tried to get the dyno sheet up but the pictures turned out like crap, I will try to scan them soon.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
That seems way too high. I'm not calling BS yet but post a dyno slip. What was the air to fuel ratio?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
That's huge for your mods and I've always heard that Mustang Dynos read lower than Dynojets. Maybe it's the other way around?!?

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
Hersheyman said:
That's huge for your mods and I've always heard that Mustang Dynos read lower than Dynojets. Maybe it's the other way around?!?
You are correct. Mustang dyno's do read lower the dynojets.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
that would be over 330rwhp on a dynojet. I think somebody has been messing around with the weight settings on the dyno.

mackj66

Established Member
I will be the first to come out and say it......

I think there is something wrong with those numbers.

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
That is fine, because honestly I dont care what you think, Rick at Amazon is one of the best, and he is dead on. And the dynojet thing, my buddy that is on this site has had his car dynoed at amazon and on a dynojet and there is not difference in his numbers. Maybe Rick at amazon has made his dyno more accurate, he sure does have alot of gadgets.

Diabolic

Established Member
Seem like everyone on here gets their car dynoed after they have installed 4.30's or so. I think he has stock gears. Is it possible that the gears effect the dyno #'s that much. I know there is always speculation, butr has anyone ever had before and after dyno #'s to compare??

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Diabolic said:
Seem like everyone on here gets their car dynoed after they have installed 4.30's or so. I think he has stock gears. Is it possible that the gears effect the dyno #'s that much. I know there is always speculation, butr has anyone ever had before and after dyno #'s to compare??
That's specifically why I had mine dyno'd two weeks ago before I swapped out my stock gears. I find it a little odd that he ran 24hp over mine with similar mods and stock gears. Maybe it's just a freak car to his benefit. Oh and that's almost 400 pounds too heavy for this car w/o a driver or 200 with driver. Mine weighed in a t 3365 w/o me in it last year.

Last edited:

91hybridcoupe

Established Member
yall always have to argue with something......hahaha i was there today and my bro dynoed his car and made the same numbers as another mustang dyno....so that makes 3 thats correct......cars bad ass chris.....yallneed to quit being jealous......this is craig e bye the way! haha

Users who are viewing this thread