Just Got An SVTF

white98snake

Established Member
Hey guys i just picked up a 02 sonic blue svtf and im lookin to put a cai on it which one would u prefer, ive been lookin at the k%n b/c i like the plastic intake pipe. anyway lemme kno wat u think and also i want to do a shifter so give me some input on which one and ware to buy thanks

-Dan

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Primaris said:
Congrats, and yet another '78 Fairmont convert!
lol, you're gonna confuse all these Mustang guys! lol

Congrats on the Focus. Before the Vortech, I had a AEM Long Tube CAI. Loved it, sounded good too. As far as a short shifter, get the Steeda re-designed short shifter. It's not too short, but the throw is greatly reduced. I've ripped through the gears plenty of times powershifting with it, and it's never let me down. Has real good stops to prevent over shifts, and it tracks the next gear much better then the stock shifter.

Good luck on the modding, and get some pictures up.

BlueOhTwo

...it's just a Focus
Established Member
I agree with HalfTime on both items... had the long-tube AEM CAI on mine before I went the S/C route, and liked the performance increase, as well as the sound. The factory tune seemed to pick up the mod right away. And the Steeda shifter, which is the same piece as the Ford Racing part, is great (even better when combined with the VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount). Steve at FORDSVTPARTS is a good source for SVTF Ford parts, such as the shifter. Congrats on the car. Oh, and nice color!

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Congrats Bro!!! No need to say any-thing else, they answered all the questions. Just wanted to say welcome.....

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Users who are viewing this thread