just got a predator

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
first of all, i just got it and i'm getting custom tune soon so its gonna kick ass

anthony, i'm sorry i'll have to beat you everytime from now it's gonna be tight

JaKaL

Established Member
T23J, when you get that thing figured out, let me know. RWTD tuned off TC by default in the tune he sent but it appears I can’t get it back on via the switch. I’d like it off by default on start-up but switch able too.
And the heavens opened. F me has it rained, my boat has more water in it than around it!

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
i know!! i dont have to water plants this week!

that's cool that you live in west seattle
my dad wants to move there when he retires
beautiful view

Billy Pilgram

My Predator Tune from Amazon has the TC turned off permanently too. Actually I think the TC is more dangerous than anything. I still have the habit of reaching down to turn it off when I start the car and this way I won't accidentily turn it back on.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
why is TC dangerous?
i almost got in a crash one time cuz my backend started to slide out...i wasn't even trying to do that

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
traction control is no that good on the cobras. It cuts back the power which can be a dangerous thing in certain situations. If you know your cars tendancys(SPL?) you will be fine without t/c

ltngstrucktwice

Head Clown
Established Member
HEY JAKAL, regarding the TC, I don’t think you are going to get what your looking for. If its programed to be off at start up, its my understanding you cant turn it on...ever. Consider it permanently deactivated.
I think if you need the option of using TC, have RWTD leave it alone in your tune--you will have to remember to manually turn it off on start up. You cant have you cake and eat it too.
You may try searching the forums for a fix.

Last edited:

JaKaL

Established Member
Damn, talk about timing LST. I just sent James a request about 3 minutes after your post!
I think you're right on - I tried it both ways several times and it is OFF for good. This is probably a Predator problem to be fixed in another firmware release.
Oh well, I have the G-Tech Pro to dial-in today and I don't need TC for that! The G-Tech looks like a fun toy; my scale ticket read 3,660 without me in it and maybe 8-10 lbs of crap in the car. Will be interesting to see how well the shift light works.
Thanks again for the reply; I’ll let everyone know when I hear back from James.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Jakal, there is this thing that you can buy called the black box or something like that. It remembers what position you leave your TC in. I will try to figure out what it is, but just put up a post on the cobras section and ask for now

rick

JaKaL

Established Member
Trac-Ready

I think I've found the Black Box item in question at:

Dallas Mustang
0003211.jpg

JaKaL

Established Member
Got the new tune from James

He reset the TC; it is stock now but I’ve not tried to modify his tune to see if it turns on/off via the Predator's modify custom tune. So far the tune feels rock solid.

He also gave me some pointers for my next dyno run, including:

"…Also, whoever dynoed this car needs to understand that you can't dyno them starting above 1500. The Dynojet a/f meter is notoriously "slow" and has to play "catch up", especially on the Cobras with having such a long exhaust system. If you start at 1500 and got WOT immediately there you'll see the a/f dip down properly. The reason yours is showing a lil lean and then slopes down to around 12.0 is because he started it around 2.2k. He also needs to run it to around 6500/6600 minimum (the valvetrain is safe past 7k, but your rev limiter will kick in around 6650 to 6800). Letting off at 5900 does nothing to help us determine fueling above that range, and with the fact that you made peak power when he let off shows me that you may have made possibly more power after that. Also, you should be shifting this car around 6400 to 6500."

Which I thought was interesting so, I will be heading back to the dyno and have a good reason to get there fast:

"...When you're able, please go out and log just RPM and Spark on FAST mode and do a run up to redline in 3rd gear, please. Then use the ff, rw, pause, play buttons to play it back and type to me what spark you're seeing in approx. 250 to 500 rpm increments from around 3k up to 6.5k."

"...run up to redline in 3rd gear, please." Now how can I possibly disappoint a man that works on Sunday to get me a tune? James is one each nice guy.

Users who are viewing this thread