Just got a fox body !

EFFURJDM

Established Member
hi guys this past Sunday i bought a 1993 fox body for $2,700.
im the 3rd owner
Has 110,000 miles
-stage 2 clutch
-k n a filter
-sub frame connecters
-lowering springs. brand(?)
-some type of cat back (guy didnt know).

The bad
-no radio
-paint is horrible
-gas gauge does not read
-trunk shocks gone
-both door handles broken so i have to climb out the window or passenger side door lol . (have new door handles how)

so far i love it . i been working on my 2001 cobra swap in my 2000 v6 but i saw this and had to have it.
pulls really good , thought 5.0 would have been a little slower but i was wrong lol.

i have a ?. to get the gas gauge to work i need to change the sending unit right ? anyone have a write up link for that job?

ill be painting it all black this Thursday, cant stand this ugly green color .
i like to think the price on this car was right still a nice ride i think . well just wanted to share my 5 0 with u guys :-D

IMAG0179.jpg

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
yes sending unit they are famous for going out, if your going back leave all of the trim matte black not gloss ! lol pet peeve of mine of black foxes. and the fox will def be a step above the v6 there fun cars i love mine

DRCjasper

Established Member
Congrats. I don't have a write-up but it isn't too hard. One tip I would give you, they're fragile and you have to rotate it to get it to drop into the tank. Be real gentle and patient when you do.

PACOS50

Pacos50
Established Member
Not a bad looking car especially for the price. The color is called Calypso green and it was rather rare, especially in the V8 cars. I'm kind of fond of that color as I owned a 93 Calypso green coupe once and I rather miss it now, plus i'm not a big fan of black cars! Good buy though!

EFFURJDM

Established Member
thx guys and i just dont like that color lol. my friend has some bud light blue might do that or stick with the black idk yet.

thx for all the comments guys , pretty easy to work on so far lol

teal_93

Established Member
Dont change the color, unless your going to strip the interior,engine bay, and paint the undercarriage of the car. just paint it back and you will be much happier! thats just my 2cents though... good starting point no doubt though

Users who are viewing this thread