Just got a 00 Lightning......need help

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
Well people im new here, n new to the whole Ford scene. Believe it or not i have always been a Honda guy..... I had a high 13 sec Hatchback..... This past weekend i decided to buy me a truck and i happen to get a 00' Lightning (silver)...... What should be my first upgrades, i dont know much about V8's but i love my Lightning..... thanx for the input guys

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
You'll really like your L. I'm also in to sport compacts, so I understand where you're coming from.

How many miles on your Lightning? That'll determine what needs attention first. Change the fuel filter FIRST. They clog easily. I change mine with every other oil change.

Then think about some new plugs, stuff like that. You want it in top shape before the mods start.

Run your truck at the dragstrip to get a baseline ET before doing anything.

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
Well it has 50000 mi on it but it is in very good shape.... what should i do first , n what kind of plugs n stuff like that should i use on it.... I have a Hatch with an H22 so i do like imports still but.... the Lightning has been a dream of mine ever since 99' thanx for the help guys....

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Just scroll through the pages of posts here (the search function does not work at all), and you'll find many threads on spark plugs.

You'll also want to check out Tim Skelton's Lightning site at http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/index.htm
for info on spark plugs, etc. Good stuff.

Remember...fuel filter needs changed very, very often.

Oh... I have a turbo'd '93 Sentra SE-R that is my play toy.

:rockon:

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
how much did you pay for your L?
cuz i just got a 2000 L too
20000 miles for 21G
brand new condition

owner only driven it on weekends
he traded in for porsche:bash:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by Duende
How hard is the fuel filter to change, and what filter do I need to buy? Any special kind?
no special kind
but you will need a/c- fuel line disconnect tool
you should be able to get it at your local auto parts store

Users who are viewing this thread