Just got 2013 SHO.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Nice. I like the one with methanol injection and different turbine wheels making 430/530. LOL

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
do you have a link to the 430/530 car !?

wow I just picked up a 2013 this weekend. I think I'll get a Livernois stage 4 tune and be done.

maybe an Airaid intake if it increases the turbo / blow off noise ????? does anyone know for sure on that ?

How do I identify if my SHO has the performance package ? It has the same wheels as zinc03svt's avatar.....

I bought mine with 8,500 miles on it.

capt808

Established Member
When your in drive standing still u should be able to shut off advancetrac by holding down the traction button for 10 to 15 seconds on the pp

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
maybe an Airaid intake if it increases the turbo / blow off noise ????? does anyone know for sure on that ?

How do I identify if my SHO has the performance package ? It has the same wheels as zinc03svt's avatar.....

From what I've read, the K&N Typhoon CAI give you much more of the sucking turbo sound.

PP SHOs for 2013 have the 20" wheels but that is also an upgrade you can get for the non PP SHOs. If it has the PP, there should be a traction control disable button in the console where the power plug is. You can hold the button down for 5 seconds with the brake pedal pushed down and it should give you an advanced track OFF indication. Only the PP cars can turn it all the way off.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
Oh yeah I do have that button in the console. I turned it off earlier but not by holding it down. I found the original window sticker on the car int he glove box it does have the PP.

Its a blast to drive. I had a C6 Vett taligaiting me earlier probaably looking at my SHO to see what it was and trying to annoy me to get me to take off. I made a pull from 80-110to get him off my rear bumper and he left me also after that. I think it scared him off becasue he was afraid to get beat by a Taurus lol

I think I'll order a Livernois tune stage 4 today. Should be fun. I just wonder if any other mods are really woth the bang for the buck. I don't want the car to be anny louder but I'd like the turbos to be slightly audible. Any suggestions ???

Last edited:

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
I think I'll order a Livernois tune stage 4 today. Should be fun. I just wonder if any other mods are really woth the bang for the buck. I don't want the car to be anny louder but I'd like the turbos to be slightly audible. Any suggestions ???

The tune is definitely the best bang for the buck mod as it increases the PSI of the turbos and firms up the shifts. After that, meth is the next mod to further increase boost but it gets pricey.

can you hear the turbos, or any blow off noise with that on ?

The K&N definitely increases the turbo sucking air noise...not sure about the BOV sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread