just FYI...

pottsy

Established Member
I posted up in the other thread already, but for those of you that didn't know, I put my Cobra into a curb at 40+ mph...I just hit it from a stop, smashed 2nd and it went completely sideways--same thing I've done a hundred times before, I don't know what was different this time. But it did like $8300 in damage to it, mostly suspension and a little body work. I don't have pics and I've only seen the car twice since the incident. As of last week, it could roll around on the front wheels with some help. Unfortunately because of the magnitude of the incident I won't be keeping the car--maybe just for a while after I get it back before the semester ends. I have a fully loaded '02 Yukon now that's better for college. Shit happens, just thought I would inform the rest of you since I'm not going to have any real interest in this Cobra anymore....but I'll still be around some to kill time between classes... :)

Oh...sometime in the next month, I'll have a complete set of new 18x9/18x10 black FR500's with new Nitto 555's and a white JLT CAI for sale if anyone might be interested, just a heads up.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Keep me posted on the rims. Sorry about the car, but youre going through the same thing I did, not wanting it anymore. Completly understandable. What about the s281? Im sure it will sell easily.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Hate to hear it Pottsy. But I don't understand why everyone loses interest in their car just because something happens:shrug:

pottsy

Established Member
The s-281 stays with the car, everything else is already sold and/or is staying on the car...and as far as losing interest in the car, I've just got too much going on to keep the kind of care of it I want to. I got a new house and have been spending all my money on that and going out a lot, I just can't do it all, the car has to "give" right now

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
That sucks Pottys, that was one of my favorite Cobra's on this forum...glad to hear your alright though.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
How in the hell are the wheels still intact after a 40 hit to a curb? Good to hear you're not hurt but DAMN, how did that happen? You had one clean ass Cobra.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
I still dont see why you have to get rid of it now. I mean yeah its expensive then stop modding it. How much upkeep is it then. you are still basic bolt ons. Just change the oil and wash it. There u go. And yeah having two cars is expensive. But iguess go with what u want, i wouldnt get rid of it though.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Sucks Pottsy, It's understandable about the other things you have going on so if she must go, she must go.
do what you got to do, but drop in from time to time.

pottsy

Established Member
sLOWDOHC said:
He said new set, I think its safe to say insurance is replacing them.

yep. Only one tire survived. I bought a different set of wheels/tires anyway...some nice Roush ones...the new FR500's and Nittos go up for sale once the car is done

and I guess another big reason for wanting to ditch it is because the radiator support was crushed, the car has had a LOT of work done on it, $8300 is no exaggeration...

...and the car still hasn't even been driven yet, so that figure could go up again if anything isn't right. It should have been totalled IMO, even though the body was mostly intact

taintedme

Established Member
i did the exact same thing last april, but jumped a curb, into a retention "stream", ending up around a tree. ins. adjuster estimated $5500 damage at first, then ended up being $12,300 in damages. the car has never been the same to me. sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad you're ok. good luck.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
First off before anything, glad to hear you're doing ok.

Very sorry to hear about your accident. Is this what caused you're FR-500 wheel to break like you were talking about for ever ago? Never did get the story on that so I'm guessing yes?

Hope everything and the sale works out well for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread