Just Found Out Dealer Ditched My Survey

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Whats the deal with the banana? Did he offer you food? Is this a metaphorical banana? Why is it important? Have you tried to call since? How about the service manager or sales manager at the dealer?

Well it's a long story...at the beginning of the deal when my offer was accepted by phone with salesman, the finance guy called me back and asked me to send the check by mail and they would hold car for 1-2 weeks while their titling company registered it in Md. I said what!! He went on to say they would not sell it to me with the certificate of origin as Ford didn't want this vehicle sold overseas (kuwait, saudi arabia) with the certificate of origin, I could sell it and make $20k overnight doing this. The dealership was not getting involved or have it's name in it. Ford made this clear every Shelby sold has to be registered. I said no way...I'm not doing that, I've never heard of such crap in my life. I bring the check, I take the car or no deal. He said very nastily You sir wont tell us how we run our dealership, I said fine you can stick this car up your a$$.

I received another call later on, asking me would I promise to register it as soon as I got back to Md. And that the check would have to be validated by my FCU before I took delivery...I said fine. I dealt with the same Finance guy while I was there, after loading the car up on car carrier and about to leave he ran up to me with a banana saying you had a long ride, and he had an extra one from his lunch. I thought nothing about it and shrugged it off in deed if it was derogatory...saying no thank you we are going to stop, you might need that later.

Now that I know my info was wrongly sent to Ford, I am 80% positive this was done in a derogatory meaning towards me for how the initial deal started. The "ditching" of my survey was already going to happen. He felt he had nothing to lose by doing this. Now I want that survey...I will be calling Ford Corporate to get it, when I have the time.

No I haven't called back, call for what? I'm 420 miles away and the deal is done, and I don't have a survey...I called 3 times no call back since. It's Customer service time, but they were worthless also, so now it's corporate time...If I didn't get a survey wouldn't they want to make sure I got one? If the $200 front spoiler is missing and not on the car, wouldn't they want to make it right?

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
Well it's a long story...at the beginning of the deal when my offer was accepted by phone with salesman, the finance guy called me back and asked me to send the check by mail and they would hold car for 1-2 weeks while their titling company registered it in Md. I said what!! He went on to say they would not sell it to me with the certificate of origin as Ford didn't want this vehicle sold overseas (kuwait, saudi arabia) with the certificate of origin, I could sell it and make $20k overnight doing this. The dealership was not getting involved or have it's name in it. Ford made this clear every Shelby sold has to be registered. I said no way...I'm not doing that, I've never heard of such crap in my life. I bring the check, I take the car or no deal. He said very nastily You sir wont tell us how we run our dealership, I said fine you can stick this car up your a$$.

I received another call later on, asking me would I promise to register it as soon as I got back to Md. And that the check would have to be validated by my FCU before I took delivery...I said fine. I dealt with the same Finance guy while I was there, after loading the car up on car carrier and about to leave he ran up to me with a banana saying you had a long ride, and he had an extra one from his lunch. I thought nothing about it and shrugged it off in deed if it was derogatory...saying no thank you we are going to stop, you might need that later.

Now that I know my info was wrongly sent to Ford, I am 80% positive this was done in a derogatory meaning towards me for how the initial deal started. The "ditching" of my survey was already going to happen. He felt he had nothing to lose by doing this. Now I want that survey...I will be calling Ford Corporate to get it, when I have the time.

04myst

The SVT Certificate and the certificate of origin are not the same document.

If you need clarification, let me know what you are trying to accomplish and I offer you any help I can assist you with. (I am a finance and accounting manager and I work in a dealer so I am familiar with all the financing and behind the scenes paperwork that consumers are often confused by.

Carl

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
04myst

The SVT Certificate and the certificate of origin are not the same document.

If you need clarification, let me know what you are trying to accomplish and I offer you any help I can assist you with. (I am a finance and accounting manager and I work in a dealer so I am familiar with all the financing and behind the scenes paperwork that consumers are often confused by.

Carl

I understand the difference thank you

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
How is the banana derogatory? He wasn't just being nice offering a banana? I'm missing this whole thing here.

You really can't just call one of the managers at the dealer to get it taken care of? Seems like its blown up way to much for a $200 part.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
If you had a We Owe slip from the dealer before leaving, you could get the spoiler, but it's pretty much your word against theirs now. As for the survey, when I get off vacation Monday morn I can go upfront and ask management if we can resubmit. Pm me so I'll have it to remind me if you'd like

txviper

Established Member
Im going to take a stab at this.

Sounds like you were pretty rough with the finance guy, right, wrong, or indifferent. Including the part where you told him to stick the car up his ass. So I going to assume that same attitude was probably displayed towards the salesman. This would explain why you cant get any help or call backs.

You told him to stick a car up his ass, he told you to stick a banana up yours.

And if it all went fine except the banana comment, why would you have given a negative survey that they would have wanted to ditch? Seems like from your account of things there would have been a positive survey?

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Im going to take a stab at this.

Sounds like you were pretty rough with the finance guy, right, wrong, or indifferent. Including the part where you told him to stick the car up his ass. So I going to assume that same attitude was probably displayed towards the salesman. This would explain why you cant get any help or call backs.

You told him to stick a car up his ass, he told you to stick a banana up yours.

And if it all went fine except the banana comment, why would you have given a negative survey that they would have wanted to ditch? Seems like from your account of things there would have been a positive survey?

I would've given them a favorable survey, I wouldn't let one smart ass arrogant finance guy ruin my experience. Now that I know my survey was ditched, if i wouldn't have called customer service on the splitter...would I have gotten my certificates? Recalls? No, I would not had gotten any correspondence from Ford at all. That in my Book deserves a survey as it should be. The salesman and I had a great conversation, no problems. No I didn't get a "We Owe" because I was unaware the splitter was missing until I read a thread on here. I don't have it, it's not on the car...I called, they called back and left a message...I called back 2 more times and left detailed message of problem. No call back since now 2 days. You think I'm going to get it from them? You think Ford wants their customer to be happy and just send me one...that's what I want. Do you think I should go order one and pay the $200 on a part I should've got with my car, but at the time of delivery didn't know it was missing? I don't. We will see how Ford handles this...then I have all the time in the world to post a thread on this far and wide. I'm not calling the dealership anymore, I'm calling Ford Corporate as soon as I have the time. I will post what they say when I do.

Tank5879

Established Member
I'm confused here, so you think that the dealer wanted to steal your 3pc splitter, so they ditched your survey to keep a 200$ part? What is the part about registering in md? Did I miss something?

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
I wasn't sure about the banana, now I know they ditched my survey...it's almost obvious, no?

I highly doubt they tried to divert the survey intentionally. Ford only sends the survey by email to the email address entered when the car was rdr'd. If the address was wrong too then I would guess that 2 vehicles were rdr'd wrong.

But that was only my guess

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
I would've given them a favorable survey, I wouldn't let one smart ass arrogant finance guy ruin my experience. Now that I know my survey was ditched, if i wouldn't have called customer service on the splitter...would I have gotten my certificates? Recalls? No, I would not had gotten any correspondence from Ford at all. That in my Book deserves a survey as it should be. The salesman and I had a great conversation, no problems. No I didn't get a "We Owe" because I was unaware the splitter was missing until I read a thread on here. I don't have it, it's not on the car...I called, they called back and left a message...I called back 2 more times and left detailed message of problem. No call back since now 2 days. You think I'm going to get it from them? You think Ford wants their customer to be happy and just send me one...that's what I want. Do you think I should go order one and pay the $200 on a part I should've got with my car, but at the time of delivery didn't know it was missing? I don't. We will see how Ford handles this...then I have all the time in the world to post a thread on this far and wide. I'm not calling the dealership anymore, I'm calling Ford Corporate as soon as I have the time. I will post what they say when I do.

Taking this WAY overboard in my opinion. You called your salesman and he returned your call the second he got into the office at 9am and left you a message. AND HE GAVE YOU HIS PERSONAL CELL NUMBER TO CALL HIM BACK ON

so you called back and left him a message or 2 back. He sells cars, he could have been busy.

How can you be mad for not taking your call right away? You didnt take his....

And why on earth would you call consumer affairs instead of just calling the guys sales manager?

Calling Ford consumer affairs/ corp. is kind of jumping right out there kinda quick when you havent even called someone at the store other than a salesman.

Once you called consumer affairs and it got back to me at my store when you never did anything other than call a salesman {who did return a call and gave you another contact number for him). Well at that point you wouldnt get anything from my store. Well nothing but maybe an offer for that bananna again

91svtbird

Established Member
whining-2.jpg

specizripn

Established Member
Idk why they wont just get you a damn splitter... Just call the manager at the dealer, and he/she should be able to sort everything out

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Are you black OP? Is that what you're trying to get at with the banana bit?

No
I'm confused here, so you think that the dealer wanted to steal your 3pc splitter, so they ditched your survey to keep a 200$ part? What is the part about registering in md? Did I miss something?

No, the survey was ditched because of how I was talked to on the phone in the early stages of the deal. Had nothing to do with splitter. They didn't want me to take car away until it was registered in Md. 10-14 days after I paid for it. They didn't want me to get the Certificate of Origin as I could sell the vehicle overseas or as never been titled before.

I highly doubt they tried to divert the survey intentionally. Ford only sends the survey by email to the email address entered when the car was rdr'd. If the address was wrong too then I would guess that 2 vehicles were rdr'd wrong.

But that was only my guess

I don't, I've worked in the business...oh how many surveys were sent to the moon. If your in the business either you are trying to fool someone or just plain outright lying. Anyone who works or ever has, knows surveys get ditched.

Taking this WAY overboard in my opinion. You called your salesman and he returned your call the second he got into the office at 9am and left you a message. AND HE GAVE YOU HIS PERSONAL CELL NUMBER TO CALL HIM BACK ON

so you called back and left him a message or 2 back. He sells cars, he could have been busy.

How can you be mad for not taking your call right away? You didnt take his....

And why on earth would you call consumer affairs instead of just calling the guys sales manager?

Calling Ford consumer affairs/ corp. is kind of jumping right out there kinda quick when you havent even called someone at the store other than a salesman.

Once you called consumer affairs and it got back to me at my store when you never did anything other than call a salesman {who did return a call and gave you another contact number for him). Well at that point you wouldnt get anything from my store. Well nothing but maybe an offer for that bananna again

I like that...because after I talk to those above you A) I will get what I'm owed and B) When I demand that new survey and answers as to why it was ditched in the first place 1) your ass will already be sore and 2) The metal pipe corporate will shove up it after I return the survey will make you wish you just ate that banana. Any Questions?

Not exactly, I didn't get nasty until The Finance guy got nasty with me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread