Just Found Out Dealer Ditched My Survey

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Taking this WAY overboard in my opinion. You called your salesman and he returned your call the second he got into the office at 9am and left you a message. AND HE GAVE YOU HIS PERSONAL CELL NUMBER TO CALL HIM BACK ON

so you called back and left him a message or 2 back. He sells cars, he could have been busy.

How can you be mad for not taking your call right away? You didnt take his....

And why on earth would you call consumer affairs instead of just calling the guys sales manager?

Calling Ford consumer affairs/ corp. is kind of jumping right out there kinda quick when you havent even called someone at the store other than a salesman.

Once you called consumer affairs and it got back to me at my store when you never did anything other than call a salesman {who did return a call and gave you another contact number for him). Well at that point you wouldnt get anything from my store. Well nothing but maybe an offer for that bananna again

Agree 65,000%

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
No

No, the survey was ditched because of how I was talked to on the phone in the early stages of the deal. Had nothing to do with splitter. They didn't want me to take car away until it was registered in Md. 10-14 days after I paid for it. They didn't want me to get the Certificate of Origin as I could sell the vehicle overseas or as never been titled before.

I don't, I've worked in the business...oh how many surveys were sent to the moon. If your in the business either you are trying to fool someone or just plain outright lying. Anyone who works or ever has, knows surveys get ditched.

I like that...because after I talk to those above you A) I will get what I'm owed and B) When I demand that new survey and answers as to why it was ditched in the first place 1) your ass will already be sore and 2) The metal pipe corporate will shove up it after I return the survey will make you wish you just ate that banana. Any Questions?

Not exactly, I didn't get nasty until The Finance guy got nasty with me.

Before you make assumptions about what someone does and doesn't know about "the business" as you call it. Well I have been in said business for 15 years now. I spoke about the rdr being wrong because to redirect a survey they don't need to change your address. ONLY YOUR EMAIL. So since your address was incorrect as well its highly doubtful that it was redirected intentionally.
Its obvious that you aren't and never have been in the business. Do you think your one little call to ford corp is going to get someone in trouble? And someone will be reemed with a pole as you say?Are you kidding me? I can see why they won't return your call now. I wouldn't either with the attitude you have and would bet that you had when you went in there originally.

Just because you paid 60-70 or 80 grand for a car doesn't give you permission to treat others like shit. Because at the end of the day all you did is buy a mustang fella.

Treat others with respect and that respect will come back 10 fold.

Treat them the way you have, and you get what you got. Nothing and no due bill to prove its owed to you and nothing proving it wasn't supplied to you. One of those forms you signed was a new delivery reciept stating all the features and benefits were explained to you and that you received everything owed to you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2nd2none

Established Member
Have you gone to the dealership website and left a comment? When I was first trying to order my 2010 GT500 I had a bad dealing with a salesman at Galpin Ford in CA so I just went to their website and sent a message about my experience. I got a call the next day from the assistant GM apologizing. More recently, about 3 months ago I was at another dealership and it took them almost 3 hours to complete a simple oil change even when I had an appointment. I sent a message through their website and was contacted the next day by their service manager.

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
I wish you luck getting you things owed to you. I know its frstrating at times.

But I promise, if you just catch your breath and count to ten and then call them and traet them with respect you will get something done alot faster....

unless you already burned the bridge

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
I wish you luck getting you things owed to you. I know its frstrating at times.

But I promise, if you just catch your breath and count to ten and then call them and traet them with respect you will get something done alot faster....

unless you already burned the bridge

Not yet, But the bridge with sir is toast.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Is this a Seinfeld episode? What is the significance of the banana? Now you have me wondering about every banana that was ever given to me. Did they try to offend me and I wasn't paying attention?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Is this a Seinfeld episode? What is the significance of the banana? Now you have me wondering about every banana that was ever given to me. Did they try to offend me and I wasn't paying attention?

Seriously. That's all I care about in this whole thing too.

Glad you got the part.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member

I just asked a Ford salesman who is a friend of a friend that has been in the business for some 15 years. He said, "If I offered you a banana after you just bought a car from us, it would mean we just f***ed you. And no, you'd never receive the survey from Ford. Just in case you figured it out."

Seriously. That's all I care about in this whole thing too.

Glad you got the part.

Thanks, but I haven't got it yet.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Been in the Ford business since I was born til 2006 and have dealt with dealers in some capacity since then and I've never heard of that.

Usually if they ****ed you- they'd be treating you very nicely out the door

Maybe it's a new thing

Last edited:

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
They definitely entered in the wrong email address on purpose so you don't get a survey. Dealerships do it all the time... Especially if they are dealing with a tough customer or if it was a hard close. A lot of dealerships have the survey tied in with a salesperson's pay.... And it has to come back completely satisfied.

Sorry to say it's most likely too late and you probably won't ever see that survey even if you run it up the flag pole through Ford.

Easy solution is to insist on talking to the owner. The owner will cave and give you what you want so you'll go away. Does it sound like I worked at a dealership for 10 years lol.

reason4treason

Established Member
well there's an expression, "is that a banana in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" so if you are presented an actual banana, that might be interpreted to mean that that's all that bulge really was. :lol1: hence, he was not glad to see you.

:banana: :dancenana:

and why is a banana chosen as our icon of celebration? hmmm... 'sup wid dat?

than again, a la Freud, sometimes a banana is just a banana. yes i know he was referring to a cigar, but the thing in the pocket is from a Mae West expression who said is that a 'pistol' or...? and glad meant 'want to screw' so.....

meh, nevermind. it's Friday, and I shoulda left my office already.

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
I just asked a Ford salesman who is a friend of a friend that has been in the business for some 15 years. He said, "If I offered you a banana after you just bought a car from us, it would mean we just f***ed you. And no, you'd never receive the survey from Ford. Just in case you figured it out."

Thanks, but I haven't got it yet.

My grandfather owned a dealership before I was born, my dad has been in the business for 35 years, my uncle for 28 years and I've been in and around it all my life as well as working in it since I was 18(10 years). I've NEVER heard anything like that about the banana. If you got ****ed why would they want you to know? They want you to come back again and again and again if that's the case. There's 3 sides to every story and I'd love to hear the dealership's side on this one. My dealership has the same policy that you cannot purchase a vehicle without registering it through us so I understand what they're saying.

Last edited:

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
My grandfather owned a dealership before I was born, my dad has been in the business for 35 years, my uncle for 28 years and I've been in and around it all my life as well as working in it since I was 18(10 years). I've NEVER heard anything like that about the banana. If you got ****ed why would they want you to know? They want you to come back again and again and again if that's the case. There's 3 sides to every story and I'd love to hear the dealership's side on this one. My dealership has the same policy that you cannot purchase a vehicle without registering it through us so I understand what they're saying.

I hear you, I will never buy a car from that dealership again as it was 450 miles away...so, whats the incentive for not acting like a jerk again?

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
I hear you, I will never buy a car from that dealership again as it was 450 miles away...so, whats the incentive for not acting like a jerk again?

So because they were 450 miles away you felt you could act like an asshole? If you didn't act like an asshole you wouldn't have had to made this thread? If you worked in the business before(which it really doesn't sound like it) why would you act like such a dick? You would clearly know how to handle a transaction like this without having to deal with any BS if you had?

Users who are viewing this thread