just enlisted in the army

mustangkid05

Established Member
whatsup everyone how are you doing? well i just got back from meps(it sucked) and i enlisted in the army for 3 years as a cannon crewmember 13b. i ship out the 22nd to fort sill in oklahoma. Has anyone ever been stationed there? and how is it

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Never been to Ft Sill, but I just wanted to say good luck! Oh the worst part about Basic training is reception. Have fun with that.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Lawton sucks, Ft. Sill isn't much better from what my military friends say. But Lawton definitely sucks. Anyway, good luck and keep your head up, its only a few weeks long!

Crazy Ray

Established Member
Well I was a 13 B. don't worry about Ft. Sill. You'll be wrapped up in basic training and then AIT so there won't be much time to see the sites. One thing about Lawton that is different then Pheonix, that there are no mountains. None. It is all flat. It is great to fire the big guns.The M110 8 inch is the big one. Once you get there, you will spend a couple of days getting your gear( uniforms, ID, dog tags) before you go to area where you actually start basic training. Some of advice " Don't volenteer for anything" " you and your bunkmate or roommates work as team". Take care. In 13 weeks you will a Gun Bunny or Red Leg.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i was supposed to be in the air force right now but i had a medical condition...****ing sucks:( enjoy it man....its a great oportunity

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I was once in Fort Sill at the PCF

I was demoted to an E-1 for 2 weeks:nonono:

It was a nice little town but the mall there sucked the butt!

I went to the bus station and remembered I didnt have any cash on me so I had to walk like 2 miles to a wester union/medecine store and get back in a 1 hour time window.

Fun times:burn:

Fun hearing all the choppers/jets and artillery

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I enlisted 2 weekends ago. I ship out April 30th. Im going to miss finals week but my professors will have to work around it I guess. Being in college has its benefits.

Sapperstang

Established Member
My brother went to basic at Sill. I went down there and it seemed like most other military towns outside the base. The base itself seemed a bit boring but that really won't concern you. The freedom recruits seem to have these days is amazing.

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
I work with a lady who's son came home for 2 weeks during the winter break from Basic Training, and he is in the army. I have never heard of that. I guess its the new friendly army now.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Remember, this is the army were talking about here..:lol1:

I assume youre in the AF or something. Probably got just as high or higher ASVAB scores then you did and Im army. So go **** yourself. :loser:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I assume youre in the AF or something. Probably got just as high or higher ASVAB scores then you did and Im army. So go **** yourself. :loser:

OOooo...mr big man....he never even mentioned asvab scores. Must know hes right so you get all defensive.

IIRC, he was simply emphasizing that todays Army gets alot more freedom than they used to in basic...

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
OOooo...mr big man....he never even mentioned asvab scores. Must know hes right so you get all defensive.

IIRC, he was simply emphasizing that todays Army gets alot more freedom than they used to in basic...

It annoys me when people bash other branches. I never talk shit about other branches. Some people just lack common respect.

And no he wasn't emphasizing that todays Army gets a lot more freedom, he said "well it is the army..." Implying that were all morons and its a big ****ing joke. Get over yourself :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread