Just dropped off the L

04sonicL

Established Member
Just thought I would share. Took the L this morning to AVT performance in south carolina. I'm finally having a 4#er installed with dyno tune:banana: I cant wait to pick it up later and feel the difference. What should I expect? I have midpipes,cat-back, SBTB, and cold air intake on it already. Around 380 to the wheels??

noahdr

Established Member
Well after talking to you on the phone...it seems now your traction problem has worsened :rockon: . Can't wait to go for a ride in the truck and hear this 3rd gear chirp I keep hearing about :burnout:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Expect to be happy with it. I road in a 4lber yesterday w/ a ported blower. It was very nice. I honestly couldnt tell if it was faster or not than mine till we got side by side and did some rolls. 4lber's are sweet though even with a conservative tune.

and #'s done mean anything imo. My truck hit a little over 400rwhp with a 4lber with it's previous owner!

04sonicL

Established Member
for the above poster $50 bucks to just put a pulley on. My numbers are 381hp 470tq, the temp was 89 in the shop. Truck feels so much stronger, I wish I dident put it off this long. And Noah be ready for a call shortly, rematch time even though I know you will smoke me.

04sonicL

Established Member
haha I've already been thinking that I should have gone straight to the 6. My main concern was keeping it as safe as possible for now. I drive like a old man anyways so its no big deal. I might get into heavy boost once a week if that. Maybe a little more for the next few days though.

noahdr

Established Member
Just call anytime dude. Although we may need to go from a dig .....your hard 20" tires vs my drag radials :beer: ....from a roll it may be too close :nono: LOL

Any chance you can post up your dyno sheet?? Curious as to the power curve vs my Keene Bell..

JoePac

Established Member
haha I've already been thinking that I should have gone straight to the 6. My main concern was keeping it as safe as possible for now. I drive like a old man anyways so its no big deal. I might get into heavy boost once a week if that. Maybe a little more for the next few days though.

So you have the stock upper?

04sonicL

Established Member
Noah, I have the dyno sheet in my truck. I'll just show it to you some time, I dont know how to post it. And there will be no did haha. Stock upper is still on. I wish there was some rice around here for us to team up on!

Users who are viewing this thread