Just did the hood mod

mkdiehl

Established Member
Wasn't too difficult. The hard part was the trim installation. Here are some picks of the results and what I used. I believe that I used the same thing that 03Darin used. Pep boys for $5.99. Looks good for the $$$ imho.

edit:
apparently I don't know how to attach pictures...it looks simple enough....

Last edited:

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
mkdiehl- Thanks! I'll stop by Pep Boy's tomorrow and buy some.

B

blown03cobra

Easier to take the whole thing off.... plus it looks better hangin on the wall in the garage than on the car.....:beer:

03'Darin

Established Member
mkdiehl,

That is the same stuff I used. Hell of a deal for less than 6 bucks!!

I will post some pics of mine....but I won't be able to do that until monday. I kept all of my edges round.

Yours looks great also.

Looks like two mean ass eyes looking at you!!!:gt: :gt:

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Just take the blanket off it is much easier. Then you can open and close the vents when ever you want. When I wash my car I just shut them and the water stays out. I like the blanket off you can hear the engine better and the motor stays cooler, plus it is easier to hear detonation.

03'Darin

Established Member
Did you do some type of mod to your vents? When I close my vents it leaves about a 1 1/2" air space. So the water would still run in around the vents.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
When i read this thread i went out and look under my hood. My blanket does not have the slots that open. Did you cut open to match the vent? Also it looks like to me the vents are fixed w/a 1/2" slot to match the blanket. Did you take off the cover?:cryying: :shrug: :cryying:

mkdiehl

Established Member
clldreese:
Yes, I cut the blanket to make the holes more open. Do a search for the name "postban" and go to his website. It has detailed instructions on how to do this (although I just used a sharp knife and the previously mentioned door trim).
As far as the vent covers, they unhook and hinge back against the hood to an "open" position. I just used some double sided adhesive to keep them against the hood and installed the blanket over them.

ps. where in colorado are you?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by grnenvy
Just take the blanket off it is much easier. Then you can open and close the vents when ever you want. When I wash my car I just shut them and the water stays out. I like the blanket off you can hear the engine better and the motor stays cooler, plus it is easier to hear detonation.
Do you get RFI (interference) on your AM radio?

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
MKDiehl,

Thanks for the info, i thought maybe thier was a mod for adj vents.
We(me and my Cobra) live in Thornton. How about you?

Users who are viewing this thread