Just did the EASY fuel filter change

1st usa car

Established Member
32500 miles on my 2011. Swap was just as easy as people described.. 15 minute job.
Fuel filter had some very dirty fuel coming out of it -- very dark, and very stinky. After the filter dried, I attempted to blow thru it and there is defn restriction... nothing like blowing through a straw of that diameter it was much harder.

Prior to the change - my car ran very strong but had one noticeable hiccup. When driving in 3rd and 4th gear around 2500 rpms, while maintaining even throttle to stay at these RPMS = my car would hiccup slightly... felt as if there may be something wrong with the throttle body... like it was fluttering.

Anyhow, that annoying hiccup seems to have disappeared. Car is probably going to perform smoother, stronger and safer. I'll be changing my fuel filter at 20k intervals going forward.

moncho

Established Member
Good info, thanks for sharing & I'm sure it feels great to have it sorted out.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I replaced mine at 27K and it was just like you described.
It took me more than 15 min because I had trouble releasing the pressure. Any pointers?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I just replaced mine every year with oil change and plugs before it became a problem. So cheap and simple to do why not.

1st usa car

Established Member
my 2011 didnt have any built up pressure -- and I daily drive it -- It was sitting for about a day b4 i did the job--- maybe my year is different.. lines have some quick release ends -- must have a valve in it because no fuel came out of the lines -- I didnt disconnect anything (fuse or battery)

Users who are viewing this thread