Just did a few spots on the car with the Flex

FloridaSvt07

Established Member
Just did a few spots on my car to test out the new Flex and the results were average. I used an orange pad with Wolfgang swirl remover on speed 5. I worked each area for about 45-60 seconds, I could still see the circles from the polisher pad. Should I break the polish down more. There were still swirl marks on each area I did, so I guess it will take a second pass. I thought the Flex would pretty much get them all with one pass due to its power. After I did those areas I put some wax on those spots since the car was outside and it seems like I put swirl marks back on it with the wax pad....I did not do an ISP wipe down after the polish, so I'm not sure if the wax just brought them back out? Is this ISP wipe down just half rubbing alcohol and half water in a spray bottle?

Should all of the swirls be gone from the orange pad with swirl remover before I move onto the white pad with glaze with some cut to it as well?

It was my first time using any polisher, but I think I kinda got a good feel for it now. I noticed the Flex really wants to get away from you especially on speed 5 and 6.

svtdvm

NEWB
Established Member
Depending on the harness of the paint, machine and products used, multiple passes are sometimes/usually needed. You may need a more aggressive compound/polish also. Can you post some pics of the defects?

mixxer

Established Member
thats not even close to being long enough. Each 2 x2 section should be worked for atleast 2 min .There is no correction done in 45-seconds ,all you did was make them swirls worse and without IPA the worst of them was filled with the polish oils and cleaned back out when you waxed. Wait till the car sits in full sun for a while the oils will disapear and they will look even worse.

Last edited:

FloridaSvt07

Established Member
I will be doing the whole process Friday and will definately work the polish longer. Since the Flex only has 6.5in pads, smaller areas are really tight,is it dangerous to go over the edges of the car?

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
when you run over the edges be sure the pad is rotating off the edge not on the edge if that makes sense. if the pad is rotating towards the edge its harsh an the paint on the edge. if its rotating over and off the edge its not as harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread