Just can't have nice things these days...

Ditty

Established Member
It's too true. People just don't respect other people or their things.

Tuesday evening, as I'm leaving work, I'm driving across a relatively busy street. I sit at the STOP sign waiting for quite a while for a break in the cross traffic. Across the street, there is another car who has pulled up and stopped at the adjacent STOP sign. No blinker so I could see w/ the rain and cross traffic. Finally, I see a break in traffic and go ahead to cross the street. As I'm about 1/2 way through the intersection, this OTHER car, just floors it and jumps out in front of me, apparently trying to turn left, crossing my intended path of travel.

You've guessed it....SHE hit me.

Needless to say, I was HOT! I immediately call 911 to report it and stay inside the car as I did not see any smoke....(also turned the ignition off). This woman, jumps out of her car, running through the oncoming traffic that is trying to get around us, and NOW trying to dodge her. She comes up to my window, "Ohh gosh! I'm sooo Sorry. Are you OK?" (Winning! She just admitted fault!) I say NOTHING to her, just stay on the phone w/ 911.

Fastforward to the EMS and Police coming. I'm not "hurt" other than being livid that my 3118 mile (at the time) car is damaged due to someone else's neglegence. Cop gets our information. It takes me a little bit b/c I JUST got my license plates and new drivers license LAST WEEK and have yet to get my new insurance cards. I give him my stuff and he asks us to move the vehicles to a parking lot. SHE hit me SO HARD that I have to back up so that her car and get unlodged.

In the parking lot, COP comes over to give me my stuff back and police report. The woman just up and leaves. I FINALLY, after getting permission from the Cop, get out and survey the damage. (Sorry no pics yet.) Not as bad as I thought. Collision scrapped and bent/tore the bumper cover pretty bad. Actual bumper MIGHT be bent a little, DS fog light is broken and the foglight grill is broken in some spots. At first it looked as if the car was raised up in the front.

Afterwards, I take to the FORD dealership to have them just visually inspect it b/c of the Thanksgiving Holiday, it's going to be at least a few days until I can get intouch w/ Allstate and get this taken care of. Other than the visible damage, the only functional damage is the DS foglight. (Whew!)

OK....now that the back story is there, and knowing that I have a $500 deductable...it's PROBABLY going to cost me MORE in the long run to have INS take care of the damages, unless they find her 100% at fault, and w/ out eye witnesses, it's just my word against hers.

Does anyone have a RACE RED front bumper cover for a desent price??? Stock preferablly. Checked the 'Stealers' on ebay and it looks like $300-ish shipped is the cheapest for a painted one. Also....gonna need ONE DS foglight.

Looks like I'm going to get that 3DCarbon "Eleanor" styled grill to get rid of the running horse and move the stock fogs to the center a little sooner than I thought!

Last edited:

Ditty

Established Member
They are the same price as Roush....which isn't bad at all. Though they do NOT list 'Race Red' in the colors. hmmmm. Wonder what shipping is?!

Ditty

Established Member
Just ran it....$163 for shipping. That's about $30 less than Roush was. BUT....They STILL don't list it as the correct color...or even the correct color code. If I were to order, I'd want to be 10000000000% sure I'm getting the correct color.

I'm going to e-mail newtakeoffs and see if they can get me the correct part.

Last edited:

Ditty

Established Member
Well, talked to Allstate today and gave 'em my statement. They are NOT playing around since BOTH of us are Allstate customers. I DO have the advantage that she 'lipped' to me "I'm SOO Sorry" but she'll probably recant that. We'll see. Eitherway, it's getting fixed....just don't wanna have to dish out that $500 deductable. I'm taking it in on Wed morning to the adjusters to have 'em look at the damage. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Been checking around. SMS Supercars has one as well for $299 and $163 shipping. Looks like I'll be going w/ Roush if Allstate allows me to.

EDIT: Emailed NewTakeOffs.com......they do NOT have RaceRed in stock at the time.

Radar Doc

Established Member
Just an FYI about SMS Supercars. I ordered a rear bumper cover from them back in March. They were super slow to ship. I mean 3-4 weeks went by, I e-mailed them and then they shipped it finally. Also, they just stuck the cover in a big cardboard box. Absolutely no packing material/wrap whatsoever. Luckily, there was no damage to the bumper cover.

Mike

CPRsm

EXACT same thing happened to my buddy. Same carrier and the other person lied to the insurance company, said he never apologized, never admitted anything. They were going to make it 50/50 until we found the security camera footage at a kwiki mart. Other guy ended up at fault 100%. See if there is any way it was caught on camera by surrounding stores.

Ditty

Established Member
I checked. Not a single business at that intersection has security camera that cover the area. And the only traffic controls are the Stop Signs that we both stopped at. I SURE hope she comes clean and admits fault.

CPRsm

She won't man. Sorry to hear it though. Karma is a mother, believe you me. You won't know about it, but she'll get hers.

Ditty

Established Member
I'm not "from" MD. The Navy brought me here and I stayed b/c my daughter lives here w/ her mother. I declined a $60k / yr job to stay w/ her...just couldn't stomach leaving my little girl.

Currently, I live in Catonsville and work in Arbutus....soon to be back in the Intelligence Community though. Just waiting on DoD to finish up my paperwork which they have been severely slacking on!

Humboldt1498

Established Member
Drama queen much. You have like $1000 worth of damage and you call 911 and won't even talk to the lady (who was trying apologize). And your thread title? Just a little misleading...

It's just a car. No reason to be a total asshole.

Ditty

Established Member
Excuse me? I can as big of an asshole as I want. It's friggin brand new! Maybe YOU don't mind when some shithead pulls out and hits YOUR car, but I tend to get pretty pissed. And if you don't like it, don't clutter up my thread w/ your bullshit. Yes I called 911. Who wouldn't? I didn't see how bad the damage was until 20 mins later.

Grimster

Established Member
Excuse me? I can as big of an asshole as I want. It's friggin brand new! Maybe YOU don't mind when some shithead pulls out and hits YOUR car, but I tend to get pretty pissed. And if you don't like it, don't clutter up my thread w/ your bullshit. Yes I called 911. Who wouldn't? I didn't see how bad the damage was until 20 mins later.

It's quite obvious you can be "as big of an asshole" as you want. She was asking if you were ok, yet you refused to acknowledge her and remained on the phone with 911. A simple "I believe Im ok, I on the phone with the authorities now" or something like that would have let her know that you weren't dying or something.

I understand you are upset over getting your car dinged, still doesn't change the fact you handled it like an asshole. And cluttering up your thread? what...did you expect everyone to just say "ohhh Im sooo sorry about your car mr. internet forum person...." People are allowed to write what's on their mind on these forums...kind of the point. If you didn't want other people's input, then don't post at all on here. The part that really cracks me up "I didnt see how bad the damage was until 20 mins later". You seriously didnt get out of your car AT ALL until after the cops showed up? Were you sued to high heaven in the past or something? Taking it a little to the extreme. "IM NOT LEAVING MY CAR UNTIL THE COPS SHOW UP!" haha. From what I've read here, you need to dial it down a notch.

At the end of the day, that is what insurance is for. To protect you from mistakes caused by yourself and/or others. Paying $500 to get your car fixed is better than having to foot the whole bill. Just let your insurance company go after her to recoup your deductible. Be glad you aren't hurt. It's ALOT easier to fix a car...

Ditty

Established Member
I AM thankful that I wasn't hurt and that the damage was only cosmetic. It just pisses me off that there is a chance that she's going to get off free for driving like an idiot, something I've noticed in this area a lot. Total disregard for other people's safety and property. Her neglect has caused damage to my vehicle, cost me time, and now, potentially money. I'm happy for her that my daughter wasn't in my car at the time. I dunno what I would have done if she had gotten hurt.

And BTW, 911 told me to stay in the vehicle if it was safe to do so until the police/EMS showed up and told me to get out. EMS was there first and told me to stay in the vehicle if I wasn't hurt. Police officer told me to stay in the car as well. I stayed in the car and did NOT talk to the other driver for numerous reasons. It was raining, I didn't want to talk to her b/c I was furious, and I did not want to incriminate myself in ANY way that would lead anyone to claim I was at fault.

Last edited:

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
If she felt you were acting as a A-Hole maybe she says to herself screw him and doesnt admit fault. Just saying.

Sucks though when someone hits you car new or not so new.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That does suck dude, but you could have at least acknowledged her. And her saying she's sorry, isn't admitting fault, she could have been sorry that the accident happened, not sorry that she caused it.

Also, MD is a no fault state. Since you are both allstate, things will probably work a little easier, but normally as far as your concerned, you pay your deductible, get your car fixed, and then if the other party will admit fault, their insurance will cover the damages and you get your deductible back. I wouldn't count on it though. It's going to be your word against hers as to who was at which stop sign first, who pulled out first, etc. Since your both with the same company, there isn't much benefit to them to "go after" her, since they are paying to fix both cars anyway. Just plan on loosing your deductible, get your car fixed and move on.

Yes, it sucks your new car got hit, we've been there this year already. My wife got side swiped in her brand new 2011 Explorer limited before it turned over 3k miles. She was just sitting in traffic, stopped on the beltway when some woman who wasn't looking didn't leave herself room to stop, and instead of using the shoulder, she hit my wife's truck. It sucked, but nobody went balistic over it.

In regards to calling 911, that's not necessary. #77 on your cell will get you the non-emergency line for the police around here to report accidents. Better to use that than to tie up the emergency line for someone who actually needs it.

Edit: As for staying in the car...that was probably a good idea. I likely wouldn't have gotten out of the car until I was off the road either, especially around here in the rain. And I do feel for you getting your new car trashed, I'd be pissed too, but remember, everyone makes mistakes, and I seriously doubt she hit you on purpose. Now her car is also damaged, and she won't get off free as you claim, since she, like you, will be out her time and deductible.

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
I AM thankful that I wasn't hurt and that the damage was only cosmetic. It just pisses me off that there is a chance that she's going to get off free for driving like an idiot, something I've noticed in this area a lot. Total disregard for other people's safety and property. Her neglect has caused damage to my vehicle, cost me time, and now, potentially money. I'm happy for her that my daughter wasn't in my car at the time. I dunno what I would have done if she had gotten hurt.

And BTW, 911 told me to stay in the vehicle if it was safe to do so until the police/EMS showed up and told me to get out. EMS was there first and told me to stay in the vehicle if I wasn't hurt. Police officer told me to stay in the car as well. I stayed in the car and did NOT talk to the other driver for numerous reasons. It was raining, I didn't want to talk to her b/c I was furious, and I did not want to incriminate myself in ANY way that would lead anyone to claim I was at fault.

Im with you on this Ditty. I would scream at that lady for hours on how much of a dumbass she was and that by trying to save herself a second and get ahead of you, she wasted hers and everyone elses time. What a moron. Dont sweat these people on here. Opinions are like a$$holes, and there are a TON of smelly a$$holes on here. TONS. Hope your car can be brought back to new condition without any lasting effects to it. Goodluck.

Grimster

Established Member
I must have glossed over the detail about it raining. That makes more sense about why you remained in your car. Personally if it was me I would have made sure there wasn't anything that needed immediate assistance before holing up in the car. Wet or not, I'd still write down her license plate # just in case and do a once over. Sucks you are in this situation now though having to rely on the insurance. It will probably be ruled in your favor, it will just take some time.

SicShelby09 - I do not appreciate being called an asshole either directly or indirectly.

Users who are viewing this thread