Just came back from the track and had my 1st street race and it was a 03 turbo 911

jewishlightning

Established Member
First off, sit back and grab a cold one. I've had my truck for 6 months and I couldn't even get one race. I decided to take the truck to the track and see how my new mods help (1# upper, E fan, water pump, heat exchanger) I was smoking the 555R's. The only good thing was that I was going through the traps ranging from 108.5 (Hot) and 110.3 (1 hour cool down) My times were from 12.7 to 12.9, crappy 60's 1.95-2.05. The track was not in good shape. So I headed home, about 1/4 mikle up front I see a wide body yellow Porsche. I remember a Turbo Porsche was running 11.5 @ 121 and I was praying that was not him. I come up close and make a slow pass around him, I notice it was not the same guy. I'm up 4 cars in the left lane and then BOOM he rockets right by me. So I figure, first race, why not go down in flames!!! So we run from 60 and up (Dumb move) I have him to about 85 and then its like he hit nitrous!!! UGLY!!!!, Then he wants to run from 85 and up, EVEN UGLIER!!!!!! The only shot I have to make it look respectable is from the low end. BTW this guy was really cool, he followed my to the next toll plaza, we slowed down to about 30, pretty much stopped traffic, he let me jump on it first. The truck pulled like raped ape. He was there but not pulling by much, sure enough 80 or so came around and then he was in warp drive!!!! So I got crushed by a 150K car. He made some real nice comments about my truck and gave me a thumbs up and I did the same for his car. I know thoose cars are easy low 12's but the MPH must be incredible. 115 was the traps on the Turbos a few years ago so I know they upped the HP for 03.

FLYNLO

Established Member
Nice deaths. They are nice cars. And those Lightnings sure are fine too. What a badass truck!!! I just wish I could afford one and keep my current ride......some day maybe.

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
Its always fun to run an exotic and see how ya stand. 911 Turbo's thought are very mean all round. But to even be able to hang with him for a bit and for him to even want to run what many people see as just a customized looking F150 flairside is impressive enough.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
for the regular 911 twin turbo, it's AWD and has 424 horsepower.... the 911 GT2 is a RWD with 454 twin turbocharged horsepower... personally, i think porsche has the best engine rpm to gear ratios there is........if you've ever driven one of those new turbos, when you start upshifting, you never fall out the powerband.... they are set up perfectly

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
Those things are deadly from a roll and from a dead stop due to the all wheel drive.
Nice Death!!!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Welcome aboard Neil. Don't sweat the deaths. Remember Lightnings are SVT bricks. Getting beat by a nasty Porsche in nothing to be ashamed of. :beer: :beer:

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
I wouldn't hold my head down at all. Think about what he had to go through to catch you. Imagine his thinking when he saw you pull like that in a truck. Great times you are putting up. Hint: Never race a Palestinian or it might blow up in your face!

jewishlightning

Established Member
I'm getting a set of Long Tubes to give me MORE POWER!!!! I should have them by the next time I head out to the track. Need to get my traction problem solved. I may have to put some wedges and put some preload on my lower traction bars to get the pinion angle just right. I shgoul cut 1.75-1.80. With the Long tubes I should run 12.4 @ 111 no problem (If I get traction!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread