Just bought Steeda tri-ax for my cobra, help please

98cobradriver

Established Member
Hi i just bought a nice condition steeda tri-ax shifter off a friend and the price was right so i figured it did matter the bolts to mount it to the transmission are missing, so i need to know if anyone on here knows the exact bolt i should buy.
(already email steeda but they take up to 5 days so figured id try here)

CJK440

Established Member
you sure forget where i saw it but it said they are to short

If you want to get fancy, measure the difference between the Steeda aluminum base and the stamped steel stock base and add that to the length of the stock bolts.

98cobradriver

Established Member
i guess, only flaw with that is this car is my only mode of transportation so once the stock shifter is out if the stock bolts dont work id have to some how get a ride to get the new bolts, thats why i was hoping someone on here would know the size so i could pick them up before taking stock shifter out but ill probably just do as CJK said

Quin

Established Member
Take it off, measure it, put it back on, go buy bolts. you can leave the plastic trim the rubber bit etc off just to run to the store.

For that matter, do it in the store parking lot. It takes about 5 minutes to swap em out. lol

LDC2335

Established Member
hope im not to late for ya.. this is straight from the steeda website:

Install the new shifter using the new bolts provided (m8 x 1.25 by 25mm long stainless steel). Don’t reuse the factory bolts, they are too short for the new shifter.

Here are the install directions
http://www.steeda.com/directions/555-7353-triax-t5-t45-tr3650.pdf

i remember buying mine at autozone, good luck.

Last edited:

ratfinkron

Established Member
Sorry for the bad info, for some reason I was thinking they were the same but never the less I apologize for that!

LDC2335

Established Member
Sorry for the bad info, for some reason I was thinking they were the same but never the less I apologize for that!

they are a noticable difference as far as thread that goes into the tranny. Stock ones may in fact "work" but could you imagine slamming it into 2nd at the track or an on ramp and your whole shifter base come off.. not so hot. Better safe than sorry. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread