Just bought my Mach 1 about 5 hours ago

ArabMoFo

Established Member
Just picked it up from the dealership about 4 hours ago.
Previously had a 1995 SVT Cobra #1253 of 4005. Built/supercharged 306.
Forced to sell it due to commuting 60+miles a day to work to school to girlfriends to home- costing me about $550-$600 on gas alone. Bought a 2011 Fiesta about 4 months ago. Saw the dealership I bought it from had a Mach 1 for sale. . . It was my day off and I remember learning to drive stick in a 2004 Mach 1 but never being able to really open her up. So I test drove it for sh1ts and giggles. Bone stock. 48,000 miles. Red. Despite being down 200 or so rwhp from the Cobra I had, I fell in love with the car. They let me take it home for the night. Took some time to research it - tranny fluid over filled from factory, some syncros, replace a clutch quadrant, make sure the head wasn't ticking, and as for the rattles and squeeks. Grew up in a SN-95 family and babysitted by owner's of a performance shop that dragged fox bodies - I want my cheap thrills pony car to squeek, rattle, and so forth.
Loved the car so much that I decided it was worth swallowing the $6,500 I put down on the Fiesta along with saying bye to the 40mpg so I could grab this one. Talked it down from $17,000 to $12,500. Has new tires, brake pads, oil, and is in incredible condition.
I am a mechanic at Toyota. 20 years old. Grew up with Ford. Loved my Cobra. Regret letting her go everyday but d@mn am I one happy @$$ Mach 1 owner. It's powerband is thrilling, it's rear end is easily predictable and simple to control, comfortable seats, smooth driving, handling/braking are incredible (coming from previous owner of a 95' Cobra with stock suspension with bad ball joints and a radical cam that eliminated braking power).
If there is anything I should know about the Mach 1s let me know.
I got this car to use as a daily driver that I will enjoy being in every second, look forward to driving as I am leaving places, that I will keep and will be proud of. Will be replacing clutch quadrant and shifter soon. if anyone has suggestions please feel free to respond. Currently have a pro5-0 and maximum motorsports link saved to my favorites. In the distant future when I get myself another daily driver I am happy with I will be putting in a griggs suspension, rear end, transmission, rotating assembly, blower and supporting mods.

Follow link for picture of my Mach 1

2pq7335.jpg

Twystyd

Established Member
Congrats! I drive a AB Mach 1 and LOVE my car. The only thing I would suggest is doing a "secret sauce" oil change in the transmission. Join up on the Mach 1 registry forum and you can learn a ton from those guys. Get some pics up too!!

4v_mach1

Established Member
nice mach 1, as far as the rattles and squeaks.. i don't know about anyone else.. but I'm sorta getting fed up with all the unnecessary noises and the feeling of the interior falling apart driving over bumps haha

ArabMoFo

Established Member
Haha yeah.
I have been reading about the special sauce but havn't been able to find specifics as far as what it consist of and how much to use. Any ideas?

Twystyd

Established Member
2.5 qts mobile 1 ATF and one 24 oz bottle of Lucas tranny fix. I run it and the difference is night and day. It makes the 3650 transmission so much quieter and shifts are like butter.

mach1girl6

KCCO
Established Member
how many miles did u get it with?how maqny does it have now?

I got it with like 70,000 and i've put 30,000 miles on it and i've only had it for like a year haha.. so now its got over 100,000 miles on it. But the speedometer wasn't calibrated for the 4.10 gears so it could have less than it says.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
TR is an awesome color against dark tinted windows. I see one around here all the time and it only makes me regret selling mine.

Users who are viewing this thread