Just bought an xcal2-some Q's

baer42

Established Member
Just bought a used xcal2. Which download do I want to get off of their website. Do they have tunes to download? This tuner had a tune in it but it was for a 02' not an 01' like mine. So I won't be able to use it correct? It says wrong vehicle. The previous owner says he put it back to stock. Is it because the pcm number is different between the years or was it not put back to stock?

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
you may have to send it to the tuner he used. i believe they are able to lock in a vin number......not sure check modulardepot.com and post there.

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
He should have cleared it before he gave it to you. You will need the Xtreeme tune software, Livelink, liveload, and all the USB drivers....save yourself some heartache on www.sctflash.com, there are also tutorials

baer42

Established Member
It was bought with a canned tune. I was able to remove that tune. I think. It does say it is blank with 4 spots open. Now what I can't figure out is where to go to get these canned tunes online. Or is that just the preditors that you can do that? I think I downloaded everything on that site.

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The tunes cannot be downloaded, you have to get them from a tuner, same as the predator, they come loaded. You can try contacting SCT directly and see what they say though.

baer42

Established Member
Thanks Chris.I am working on it now. Almost figured out how to do this. Kinda. Trial and error. Kinda sucks though that when some one else asks a question they seem to get answers. maybe I should have titled this thread "Help me spank a LS1"

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
ha ha. I know how it is. Sometimes it's all in the title. I wish I could help Erick, but I have no idea.

baer42

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
The tunes cannot be downloaded, you have to get them from a tuner, same as the predator, they come loaded. You can try contacting SCT directly and see what they say though.

Then what are canned tunes? When I see that some one loaded a 93 octane tune or the pulley tune where do they come from? I thought (wrong) that you were able to download tunes from a website. Now I feel like I wasted money. Maybe I'll just leave the truck in Providence with the keys in it. I am still pissed that I had to even buy this and now I can't use it. For sale thread coming soon :??:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The tuner loads the tunes. With the SCT the tuner also has to "unlock" the XCAL for you to be able to make adjustments, otherwise all you can do is load and unload the tunes. Contact SCT directly though as they will be able to best help you.

baer42

Established Member
The tune that was in it was put in by a shop in Fla. I am pretty sure I have deleted it out of the xcal. I will call them at 9am. Thanks guys

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
You can only delete the tunes via the software that you downlaoded from the website....Its hard to rattle off all the steps from memory, but once you get all the software installed on the computer, you'll see loading tunes is pretty easy. Call one of the good tuners and see if they'll email you a tune...

I'D WIN

Established Member
Actually with the new updates and file extensions, you can upload/delete your own tune with the new software. If your XCAL says you have blank positions, then the guy you purchased the tuner from deleted the tunes from the unit altogether.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread