Just bought a Terminator, now what..

Pants28

After 10 years of saving and obsessing over a terminator I finally bought one. Low miles, clean carfax and basically garage kept...so it’s obviously been sitting for a long time.

The car seems to run great but I’m paranoid about opening’r up. Just curious if anyone knows of common issues with cobras that have been sitting for a long time? Any must-dos maintenance wise? Things to look out for?

Thanks everyone and I’m exited to finally be apart of this community!
IMG_6794.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
And a vert no less! Wise choice. Lower it, full length subframe connectors, caster/camber plates, FRPP diff cover, shifter, intake, smaller blower pulley, exhaust and wider rear rims/tires.

That's everything I did to mine in the first weekend I had it home...it's a good start.

Oh, and a shorty antenna.

Post more pics please.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Read the date code on the tires, and if decrepit, do a long smokey burnout and replace. If the tires are new, I still recommend a long smokey burnout to clean the carbon off the plugs.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
47k All stock except a flowmaster cat back exhaust..it’s like it came out of a time machine. Pretty happy with my purchase so far

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I bought a 2004 in pretty much the exact same condition, 30k miles. Vert and everything, like yours. I put tires on where needed (rears, lol), changed the blower belt because it's easy to do, the other belt, not so much, and terrorized the surrounding 50 miles, and myself.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Burn through any old gas and put fresh 93 in it prior to mashing the go-pedal into booooooost.

Congrats on the score. You are rewarded for saving your $.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Sell it to me for $10k to repent for your wicked and shameful self indulgence. I’ll gladly take care of the rest.

(Or don’t and enjoy a very nice car. Congrats on a great find)

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Everything there is to know about the car: Home

Maintenance is covered in the SVT Supplement. Also get a real Ford service manual, both of which can be downloaded from the same site.

Users who are viewing this thread