just bought a T56 magnum for an 03 cobra. Other parts needed?

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
Good afternoon guys,

Long story short, I bought a T-56 magnum off a forum member, who included a Strange chrome-moly slip yoke and a tri-ax shifter.

I also am re-surfacing my fidanza steel flywheel and placing a brand new McLeod RXT in the car.

Are there any other parts I need? I've heard I need a driveshaft that is shorter than the stock cobra shaft, and an "adjustable pivot ball..." is that all I'll need to put it in the car without issue?

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
any help on this subject would be much appreciated...

long story but I now have a t56 magnum, RXT clutch, dual 400lph Lethal Perf fuel system with Bosch 105's, energy suspension motor mounts, 2.9 whipple NIB, all in my damn room, and a 0 mile MMR 1000 4.75 motor sitting at the shop for 9 months now...

getting frustrated with myself and this damn car so i need to make progress ASAP. especially whille juggling work and college. Christmas break is the only time I have to make some progress with this car..

thanks in advance for your input!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yes you will need a shorter driveshaft.. You'l probably have to bang out the tunnel as well. that should be it.. But I'm not 100%sure.. You should call D&D performance and ask them though.. They are very very helpful.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
If you do call and find out can you please post as I want to know the same thing

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Sorry guys I wish I could be more help but I bought the entire kit for my car and I don't have an 04 cobra so it's possible it bolts up much better to your can than mine.. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread