Just bought a SCT X4 and custom tune, now car won't start. Please help!!

yankeefan3

Established Member
Ok so I purchased a brand new X4 last week and got a custom tune emailed to me this weekend. I loaded the tune up and car did not start so I call the tuner back and tell them so they can make revisions. While I'm waiting I put my car back to the stock tune, now it won't start at all with any tune. I called SCT and they sent me a recovery file earlier today, tunes still didn't work. I was told to take it to ford and I know they are going to give me trouble with this or charge some ridiculous amount. I want to try and get this resolved without spending 100's of dollars on towing and flash computer back to stock. Please help me out!! Car is a 2015 5.0

yankeefan3

Established Member
The tune is from SoCal tuning because MMR recommended them. The device was purchased separately brand new. I just don't know why none of the tunes are working, custom or stock.

yankeefan3

Established Member
I know, I'm really considering something else. I just don't know what to do about the stock tune, I don't know why it's no longer working. I just have minor mods (cai and axle back) the car was running before the tune

SCT claims the device and files are fine and the computer is still working.....it just starts and dies in about 2-3 seconds with every tune

yankeefan3

Established Member
I don't mind purchasing a tune from someone else, just need help getting back to stock at this point because nothing seems to be working.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Then it's not that. You mentioned cai so I thought I would throw that out there. My JLT can go upside down. Don't ask me how I know. LOL.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Tell him you will send him the tow, diagnostics, and repair bill. If you took the time to just do a little research on SoCal you would find many not so good things. Fyi and good luck.

Last edited:

yankeefan3

Established Member
I know I did some research during the weekend and saw all the bad stories but it was after I ordered already. Really stupid on my part but I did it. What's good is car is now running, it was flooded. Been driving it for about 30 min and feels ok could use some slight tweaking but for the most part it is running good. Who do you recommend I get to tune my 15 GT? I don't mind purchasing a new tune, live and learn.

Thanks for all the help though guys I really appreciate it.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Im using Lund and very happy with the end product and service.

How did you flood it?

Last edited:

yankeefan3

Established Member
Im using Lund and very happy with the end product and service.

How did you flood it?

I really do not know, all I did was load the tune and it wouldn't stay on. Just fired up the car for the first time today and it started just fine. I think I will try Lund next, I have heard good things about them. Do you know how much they charge?

Users who are viewing this thread