Just bought a rare set of wheels…

DRTYAPE_SRT

Established Member
4FD3D2F4-AD7C-4EAC-BEF6-4FBB471DF175.jpeg
16B0D5E2-B17E-48F0-AD79-D565206EC682.jpeg
B7278A95-C589-49BA-BFF3-73E04FC3A10F.jpeg
B280711E-AF6C-4B34-AD4A-7B153C78A733.jpeg

The wheels are AKT/Logic 17x9’s and are possibly the rarest style of foxbody saleen wheels as they were only used on the very early production 93 saleen “sc”.

10 sets were imported from Japan by Hal Baer back in the early 90s, this is one of those 10 sets

I’ve been trying to buy these wheels for about two years now, I first saw these wheels when I was at a co-workers house buying his old 88 turbo coupe.

He had one of the wheels on the tc at the time and put the other “Baer twisted star” wheel on before I hauled the car home.

I asked about the AKT/Logic wheels but he had promised them to another friend, so the wheels went to the other guy(who I also work with) but not before they went on his turbo ranger for a short time . So, I would ask about the wheels from time to time and yesterday we struck up a conversation about them and finally made a deal.

I will be restoring them and posting progress as I go.

4.698gt

Established Member
Honestly, they are Great looking wheel. Bought replicas for 98 GT that I still have. Think they would look good on any model from fox up to new edge. Don't think they make them sized up for a s197 and up but would probably look good too.

Morgan

Established Member
Very cool. Looking forward to the restoration. Are they going on the turbo coupe?

andymarkv

Established Member
Very cool! Restored means...painted centers and polished lips?
Did you get all the centercaps...? I'm assuming they are impossible to find.

I did find this pic

DRTYAPE_SRT

Established Member
Very cool! Restored means...painted centers and polished lips?
Did you get all the centercaps...? I'm assuming they are impossible to find.

I did find this pic

I have three center caps and a guy in our machine shop is making me a 4th.

Hell I might just see how good they clean up because they look about 98% perfect. Just dirty as hell.

ENV²

Established Member
View attachment 1808347View attachment 1808348View attachment 1808349View attachment 1808350
The wheels are AKT/Logic 17x9’s and are possibly the rarest style of foxbody saleen wheels as they were only used on the very early production 93 saleen “sc”.

10 sets were imported from Japan by Hal Baer back in the early 90s, this is one of those 10 sets

I’ve been trying to buy these wheels for about two years now, I first saw these wheels when I was at a co-workers house buying his old 88 turbo coupe.

He had one of the wheels on the tc at the time and put the other “Baer twisted star” wheel on before I hauled the car home.

I asked about the AKT/Logic wheels but he had promised them to another friend, so the wheels went to the other guy(who I also work with) but not before they went on his turbo ranger for a short time . So, I would ask about the wheels from time to time and yesterday we struck up a conversation about them and finally made a deal.

I will be restoring them and posting progress as I go.

Best shop to restore a collector vintage wheel like that would probably be Proformance Industries in New Rochelle. They are not cheap but they do the job correctly. They restore for some of the biggest names in the collector car world but also for regular guys like me. I only trust them with wheels repair, refinishing and restoring. If you call them ask for Will directly. He’s one of the owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread