just bought a new cam for cobra

TX93Cobra

Established Member
figured id port the heads since they havent been ported and throw another cam in there instead of the e303.

LSA - 112 degrees
Int dur. @ .050 - 218*
Exh dur. @ .050 - 228*
Int Max Lift - .542"
Exh Max Lift - .543"
with 1.7rr
50* of overlap at .004"

what you guys think about the specs on this cam???

BHAM

Established Member
It looks very close to the tfs 1 with the 1.7. A few degrees here or there different. Not saying that few degrees isn't alot, cause it is, but fairly close.

Truthfully there is really no way to tell how that sucker will act. We don't know the ramp profile, and that says alot about the cam. You could have a cam that is identical in lsa lift and duration with 2 different ramp rates and it will act totally different! Just my 02. I hope it's a good little cam!

Are you in Texas?

St8-E

Established Member
figured id port the heads since they havent been ported and throw another cam in there instead of the e303.

LSA - 112 degrees
Int dur. @ .050 - 218*
Exh dur. @ .050 - 228*
Int Max Lift - .542"
Exh Max Lift - .543"
with 1.7rr
50* of overlap at .004"

what you guys think about the specs on this cam???

Will def. be interested in hearing it when it's done...I thought about this combo also...

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
I had a anderson b2 a long time ago, probably just the old school version of what you have now. I believe it was 112 lsa, 533/544. I don't remember the other specs but i want to say both durations were 218. They made that cam for 1.7's. Loved the sound but the stupid thing would not idle once the car warmed up. Yeah I tried raising the idle screw, cleaning the IAC, etc and it didn't help.

Anderson b2 was a blower cam, b25 is as well right since it's a b. I was NOT running a blower but had planned to put one in so I wrote the crappy idle off to that. Some said it was the cobra computer that was causing it but I really don't know since I sold the car before I ever went futher with it.

I would love to hear updates when you get it put in and what you find.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
i just bought the cam off of the guy that used to own TEAL VNM's 93 cobra. he has had it in the box and Rick anderson actually suggested it to him since supposedly when they used to grind the B-25 it was made for the cobra engines...idk we shall see =) besides i would love to add some boost lata so why not have a cam ready for it... ill update you guys when everything is good to go. i have sct tune so i dont think idle will be a problem to dial in when i take it to the dyno. Right now im trying to get some parts built up to do it all at once! :rockon:

TEAL VNM

Established Member
I cant believe matt held onto that cam for so long. I didnt want it because he wanted to sell me the valve springs with it and I had already bought a set of trick flow heads.

Users who are viewing this thread