Just bought a Cobra, need some moar power!

Scottyk

Established Member
I just bought my dream car, 03 cobra. The car already has lowering springs, 2.8 pulley, magnaflow catback, bassani off road X, JLT cold air and a canned diablo sport tune. The car runs real good now but just curious what you guys think would be the most efficient way to hit 500+ on pump gas, and be real reliable and streetable.. Keeping the factory eaton would be a plus but Im curious what you all think..

99electricgreen

Established Member
this wont help your hp rating but i was told to get rear gears 4.10 or higher b/c it will accentuate all of the other mods!!!:rockon:

Scottyk

Established Member
To be honest I dont care to change the rear gear in it, its still a DD and I wont be racing it "very much" I have a high 8/low nine fox body for that. After looking through here it seems a differential brace would be a good piece to buy as well, and the rear is leaking now.. You think a ported blower and smaller pulley with a good tune would hit 500?? I didnt think it would, that must be with the full tilt stage 50 or whatever port job they offer..

Scottyk

Established Member
cobra.jpg

burnout1.jpg

Thats what they look like, I love that cobra!! first DD I have owned that even has working AC in it:rockon:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I was very hesitant to buy my car with 4.10s in it, but I'm glad I did; I have the 4.10s but mine isn't pullied yet...it jumps on any eaton on a 2nd gear 40-45mph roll...

rexisme

Established Member
port,bap, tune..... you should be near your mark.... dont forget subframe connectors, diff brace, idler pullies.

xenodragon

Established Member
To be honest I dont care to change the rear gear in it, its still a DD and I wont be racing it "very much" I have a high 8/low nine fox body for that. After looking through here it seems a differential brace would be a good piece to buy as well, and the rear is leaking now.. You think a ported blower and smaller pulley with a good tune would hit 500?? I didnt think it would, that must be with the full tilt stage 50 or whatever port job they offer..

Stage 5 plus a 2.8 upper should make 500 pretty easy.

I only have a stage 4 with a 2.93 upper and make 485 without a cooldown.

Scottyk

Established Member
Well given the fact these cobra are phuckin heavy as a tank and make lots of torque with a stick shift I would imagine they exhibit alot of twist to the body of the car. I know the first fox body I had didnt have subframe connectors or a cage, it had a 410w and first time at the track the hatch popped open, couple trim pieces came off, windshield cracked and the solid motor bents bent, and ran 10.8's.. So yeah they can be important.. Im new to this cobra so whats a BAP?? and I havent looked through the menu on the diablo sport tuner I have but will this do a custom tune if I take it to a dyno, like Anderson Ford??

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
.. Im new to this cobra so whats a BAP??

A BAP is a Boost-A-Pump. When you increase your boost and timing our fuel pumps have trouble keeping up. When your fuel duty cycle gets above 85-90% your engine will get lean and you know what happens after that. Kenne Bell makes the BAP for our cars.

Just curious what you bought your car for and how many miles?

Redfire_Cobra

Established Member
Stage 4 port, 2.65 Reichard Racing non slip upper pulley and supporting mods (BAP, MAF or Mafia extender and maybe injectors) and a dyno tune and you are there.

The IRS brace is a good idea for sure if you want your IRS to live for long, I popped my diff. cover on a 3rd to 4th shift, It wasn't pretty at all......

Your Predator will accept custom tunes as long as the tuner you pick uses their software.

Lethal Performance is a great place to get the majority of the parts you will need.

Welcome to the Terminator community.....

Jroc

Established Member
How bout some Nos? Yeah, you need Nos. Lots of Nos.

You could just try to go to a friendly dyno on a nice cool day. I hit 483 SAE with just a 2.93. :rockon:

Scottyk

Established Member
thanks everyone for comments and suggestions.. Sounds like porting out that blower would be the way to go, I gotta wait for some money to come pouring in anyway so I'll see once I get there. but on those boost a pump deals, what do they do to increase pump flow? seems kinda strange to me since the pump is running at full tilt all the time anyway, if you raise voltage going to the pump isnt going to effect pump life and excess heat in both the pump and the boost a pump assembly?? How many people have run these in their cars on long ass road trips???

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I dont like the idea of the BAP, so I ran a pprv delete, Ford GT pumps, modified FPDM, and 60lbs injectors and it gets the job done well.

You can go with a steggy blower, but for the stage 5 you should just a save a few hundred more dollars and get a whipple or KB.

Users who are viewing this thread