Just bought a 08 Gt500 with a KB

Tim03cobra

Established Member
I drove down to Florida over the weekend and picked up a 08 GT500 with the KB Stage 3 kit installed on it. While I was there i also picked up a little something extra. Like a $148.00 careless driving ticket.:cuss:. I was there for about 10 minutes and took the car for a test drive and spun the tires in second gear. What the hell you supposed to do with 680 rwhp:shrug:. I was wanting to know what the car should do in the 1/4 with Drag radial and 680 rwhp. Thanks Tim

Tim03cobra

Established Member
I thought i was going to jail. I had no registration, no insurance card, my consealed weapon and $5000 cash in my pocket. And he called for backup. I was also going 65 in a 45 but he let that fly. It was also 1:30 AM.

Blaine

Established Member
Better get a lawyer and get that down graded. CaI aka Careless and Imprudent Driving is a MAJOR driving violation and in some states is 1/2 the points off your license.

Your insurance will go UP and UP and UP and UP and UP or they will DROP you with that on your record.

I'm guessing your not a cop.. otherwise you would of shown your creds to the cop due to the weapon in your car and you may of gotten away with... NO TICKET.:read:

After your done getting raped by the fines and lawyer fees.... Make sure you get yourself a new Driveshaft. That power + stock driveshaft isn't good. The driveshaft loop will lesson the dmg when it goes, but it will still make a major mess under your car.

Last edited:

Tim03cobra

Established Member
Better get a lawyer and get that down graded. CaI aka Careless and Imprudent Driving is a MAJOR driving violation and in some states is 1/2 the points off your license.

Your insurance will go UP and UP and UP and UP and UP or they will DROP you with that on your record.

I'm guessing your not a cop.. otherwise you would of shown your creds to the cop due to the weapon in your car and you may of gotten away with... NO TICKET.:read:

After your done getting raped by the fines and lawyer fees.... Make sure you get yourself a new Driveshaft. That power + stock driveshaft isn't good. The driveshaft loop will lesson the dmg when it goes, but it will still make a major mess under your car.

The cop said it was 3 points. He said i could take a online driver improvement course to remove the points from my record. I haven't got a ticket in over 20 years. I do have a license for the gun.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
wow 3 points, they dont play in Fl. but your lucky an driving school will take all 3 of the points off, in CA you can only get a max of 1 point off.

Blaine

Established Member
wow 3 points, they dont play in Fl. but your lucky an driving school will take all 3 of the points off, in CA you can only get a max of 1 point off.

Every state is different. Around here CaI is one of the worst things to get hit with other than 20+ over the limit. Lucky its only 3 pts in FL.

Careful with the new car. Lots of power can quickly lead to lots of trouble.

Gratz on the new car. Wish the 40k I paid for mine 6 months ago came with a KB kit.

2Sharpie

Established Member
It'll take the points off your license after you complete the class...........but youre still screwed as far as insurance. It doesn't wipe the violation off your record!:cryying:

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
I thought i was going to jail. I had no registration, no insurance card, my consealed weapon and $5000 cash in my pocket. And he called for backup. I was also going 65 in a 45 but he let that fly. It was also 1:30 AM.

wow if that was NJ you would be doing 5-10 lmao.... :burnout:
congrats on the car btw

Gojira

Established Member
It'll take the points off your license after you complete the class...........but youre still screwed as far as insurance. It doesn't wipe the violation off your record!:cryying:

In Florida if you go to traffic school the insurance companies are not allowed to raise your insurance.

HOSTIL

Established Member
:beer:

:lol::lol:

yeah the odds werent stacked in your favor! Hope everything works out for ya bud! congrats on the car.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread