just bought 04 COBRA $13,240 mods and only 456rwhp???!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel6t9

Established Member
Yea i just bought an 04 Cobra with 8,000 miles and it has $13,200 of mods into it with reciepts dyno sheet, i bought for $31,500+tax,, anyway dyno sheet says 456rwhp/473rwtq mods include:: PCM (50state smog legal Tune) CNC ported blower,nose cone upgrade,bassani headers,xpipe w/cats,catback,cold air intake,throttle body,2.76 pulley,upper lower pulleys idler,heat exchanger,dual 255 fuel pumps,spark plugs,clutch,cable,shifter,pressure plate,
My question is did the car only make that much hp becuz of the smog legal tune? and if so how much power should i be getting with all these upgrades..??the car also has 75%25% methanol injection but it was dynoed without, he owner said with meth. he ran a 11.02 1/4 on BF DR's so it makes over 600hp with meth. but i dont really plan on using it much, the guy who owned the car payed for everything to be installed and owns dealerships in newport beach so he payed to get everything installed i think he paid wayy to much tho. and can i fit 315 BF DR's on my stock rims will they fit with no problems?

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Sounds like you got took. Several mods on that list I have never even heard of and I have been around awhile....

Diesel6t9

Established Member
I didnt pay for the mods they came with the car i bought the car for 31,500 and its an 04 with 8k miles the kbb value is almost $35k and all the other cobras were 03's with over 20k miles and were all over $30k i got a pretty good deal considering all the mods it had, im guess it made those numbers becuz it has the 50state smog legal conservitive tune,

Last edited:

shocker 420

Established Member
Well answering your question in the end about the 315's DR's. I hear the Nitto 315 Dr's work fine and look fine. But the BFG's you need atlest a 10.5 inch rim, so they don't look bad, I guess.

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
You can find under 2k mile 04 cobras for around 26-27 if you look for them.

But... if your happy have fun with the vehicle.

sckcobra

Established Member
dude that was my old car! i am the first owner and i am the one that got ripped off on all that work i payed to have done to the car. if you wanna know more call me asap at (909) 896-7777. all the work was done at performance associates, stay away from them! call me man! i am curious to see what the salesman told you when you bought the car!

sckcobra

Established Member
well at least all the parts are there that i one good way to look at it! full bassabi exhaust ect....

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
sckcobra said:
dude that was my old car! i am the first owner and i am the one that got ripped off on all that work i payed to have done to the car. if you wanna know more call me asap at (909) 896-7777. all the work was done at performance associates, stay away from them! call me man! i am curious to see what the salesman told you when you bought the car!
:lol:

The new owner got OWNED by the salesman! LMAO

sckcobra

Established Member
well i dont think it is too funny. i mean after i payed that huge bill i was under the impression that i had a real beast on my hands. getting ripped off is never a good thing and i dont think that it is appropriate to make it a laughing matter. JMO

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Diesel, you should stop posting on this thread. You bought the car for the price you did, and there is no reason for you to ponder on it now. Enjoy the car and start modding some more. Oh, yeah, and go get a flip switch and get a "non 50 state legal" tune.

Diddy

Banned
You should have looked around a little more, I got my 04 mystic for 28k with 200 miles on it. Oh well, enjoy the car.

Diesel6t9

Established Member
I LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA NOT A DAMN FARM!! prices are higher here the cheapest mystic Cobra was like $35k stock with almost 40k miles, besides i found the problem i think..the crazy thing is i just met the owner and he said that the port job might me jacked up and then maybe the tune also im planing on fixing both thnx to shuan "sckcobra" he was the original owner how freakin weird is that...

KELVINATOR

certified gearhead
Established Member
Hope you can find your "lost" horsepower. 450+ horsepower is still very fun! Enjoy!

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
Geezzzzzzzzzzzzz!

How about congrats!!! enjoy your cobra, Be safe and

DON'T use BFGs with the stock rims, Nittos are the only 315s that fit stock rims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread