Just Borla Stinger Mufflers

Cobra 08

So Tired
Established Member
Question, I have Magnaflows already, but I want the Stingers. Can I just purchase the Stinger Mufflers by themselves or do I need the Whole System? Money is not a factor but $700 and $300 dollars are two different amounts. Also if it works will It be the same as far as sound quality? :dw:

Thanks Cobra 08:read:

GodStang

Established Member
Yes you can buy just the muffler on Summit or Jegs. Not sure how the ports line up. May have to get a shop to move the pipes around. It should be the same sound quality.

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
Shouldn't have to move pipes around. Te magnaflow mufflers are offset/offset same side so they are straight across from eachother so should be a direct swap.

Jefe

Established Member
Are you DODODOK on youtube? Hes been asking me the same questions:

[youtube_browser]lKUjKydUcPs[/youtube_browser]

Jegs is the company that was running a special discount code on the S type Borla Mufflers. Might call them and see if they can get you special pricing still

Cobra 08

So Tired
Established Member
Yes you can buy just the muffler on Summit or Jegs. Not sure how the ports line up. May have to get a shop to move the pipes around. It should be the same sound quality.

Shouldn't have to move pipes around. Te magnaflow mufflers are offset/offset same side so they are straight across from eachother so should be a direct swap.

you may need some additional piping welded in by a muffler shop; the stingers are 10" in length vs. the Magnaflows at 14".

Thanks guys I needed that advice:beer:

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
yes the stinger mufflers do work in the magnaflow catback and yes they do sound the same as a normal stinger catback. Your going to need about 3" of piping to fit into the magnaflow catback, but other than that they fit great. I had it on my magnaflow catback.

Jefe

Established Member
I have pics at home but when my buddy put them on my Bassani catback not much was needed. . I think he might of needed a 2 or 3" piece welded in too. The Bassani mufflers were a little bit longer so he offset the Stingers a little bit to make them work

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have pics at home but when my buddy put them on my Bassani catback not much was needed. . I think he might of needed a 2 or 3" piece welded in too. The Bassani mufflers were a little bit longer so he offset the Stingers a little bit to make them work

So, the inlet/outlets were offset differently, in addition to the length? Whatever I did, I would want to be able to return to the "stock" mufflers, in case I didn't like them. So, I guess from what you are saying, the mufflers themselves could be modded with the extra pipe length so they would clamp right in in - correct?

Teej281

Established Member
Make a new midpipe-to-tailpipe section with them in so you can return to stock by just swapping mufflers back in. Does this make sense to anyone?

Jefe

Established Member
So, the inlet/outlets were offset differently, in addition to the length? Whatever I did, I would want to be able to return to the "stock" mufflers, in case I didn't like them. So, I guess from what you are saying, the mufflers themselves could be modded with the extra pipe length so they would clamp right in in - correct?

Inlet and outlets were fine since they are right in the center of both mufflers. Heres how my Bassani's were. You can see one muffler sits 1-2" further back than the other.

DSCI0316-1.jpg

New muffler:

IMG_1237.jpg

When I get home Ill put the installed Stinger pics up. Yes they can be clamped in but as you can see they were already leaking with the clamps so I had him weld the new ones in. In case you didnt like them? Thats not going to happen :lol:

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Never got the chance to get online last night, try to remember tonight

Jefe

Established Member
Went back through all my pics and I dont have any of the Stingers. Ill have the car on the lift tonight so Ill get some pics for you guys

Jefe

Established Member
Well the lift was occupied so I did the best I could. Doesnt appear to be any modifications from what I can see. I could of sworn he added a small piece on the front of the passenger side muffler

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1848-1.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
Thanks Jefe! Do they scrape more now? It kind of looks like they have less ground clearance because of the round body. That does not look at all like he had to add in any extra pipe either, which would be really cool. Who has the best prices on "just the mufflers"?

04GTMustang

Established Member
Thanks Jefe! Do they scrape more now? It kind of looks like they have less ground clearance because of the round body. That does not look at all like he had to add in any extra pipe either, which would be really cool. Who has the best prices on "just the mufflers"?

jegs, amazon, summit racing

Users who are viewing this thread