just back from the dyno!

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
just had some work done on my car,4.10's,frpp driveshaft and mm sub-frames. also had the car tuned on a mustang dyno with a diablo chip. i had added a c&l cold air kit and steeda underdrives before i took it in. i'm very impressed with the car now,alot more power than i had before,but my dyno numbers are low? 251 hp and 247 tq with an a/f of 12.9. what do you guys think? i know i need to do some exhaust work as it is all stock right now,but i gotta come up with mo' money first!:shrug:

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
your numbers seem a bit low to me... maybe you should try what bullit66 said and get an IMRC delete and get back on the dyno and see if that helps

Definately get exhaust, as everyone's recommended.. L/T's, O/R mid and catback of your choice.

Goodluck and tell us how everything works out

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, that IS low.
I'm throwing my car on the dyno on Sunday.
I'll let you know how it goes.

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
forgot to mention that i did just replace the plugs,fuel filter and wires(frpp 9mm) he said that the hp shown on the sheet was what was actually getting to the ground, but that the motor was actually producing about 315hp? anyways i know that the exhaust is holding me back,but it will be next year before i can afford to do that!

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Mustang Dyno will show about 5% less from what I've read. Also the 4.10's usually read about 5-10 horses lowere. So you're really around 270hp which is about right for those mods. Get an X-pipe and catback and you should be around 280hp on a Dynojet.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Dyno is off, I mean if you say the car feels like it runs ok and has power. I mean I dynoed 250hp/255tq about a month ago :shrug:, But my car runs fine and has no problem with 4.6 cobra's :D

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
i fill your pain. i was a little sad when i put my car up on the dyno the first time. but now iam pretty happy with my # and how she runs now. i also have a diablo flip chip. did you have problems with spark being pulled at the top end? i know it took some work with my tuner to try and fix that problem.:beer:

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
scotty,sorry i didn't reply sooner,i was out of town! anyway,yea! the tuner said that around 5000k the engine started to retard the spark? is that what you meant? he said that he fixed it! the car has lots of power and runs great,of course with a full exhaust i could get alot more power and that would be awesome! it's really funny that when i first came on this site i was against modding my car, i was a real puss about it cause this modding thing is alot of fun! just a little expensive for sure! it's really satisfying to do a mod and feel immediate results. i love my car and plan to continue it improve it!:banana:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
an x pipe and a set of mufflers will run you around 300 installed, or about 225 if you do it yourself.

Look for used peices on corral.net, stangnet.com and on here. No need for an entire catback. Just cut out the stock mufflers and weld in some new.

gtowncobra

Established Member
wow way low i dont think a mustangg dyno should be reading that low i dynoed 280hp with a JLT and an Hpipe on A MUSTANG DYNO guy who owned the dyno who had personally owned a 98 did say he hadnt seen a 4.6 cobra make that kinda power on a dyno with such little mods.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
gtowncobra said:
wow way low i dont think a mustangg dyno should be reading that low i dynoed 280hp with a JLT and an Hpipe on A MUSTANG DYNO guy who owned the dyno who had personally owned a 98 did say he hadnt seen a 4.6 cobra make that kinda power on a dyno with such little mods.

so your telling me your car dyno'd the same as mine with other a JLT and h pipe? My car was tuned at the time as well when it made the 290/293 run. Were the rear gears still 3.27's?

gtowncobra

Established Member
i do im trying to look for it right now i went with my local car peeps on a dyno day to one of our local shops and the guy running our site has it. it was online hosted by him but now i cant open it says 404 error so i just messaged so ill try to get it later. i do have a link that states what i put out next to my name lol but thats all for now its the same as here Gtowncobra if the link works it the post with all the numbers in the middle of the page lol

http://centraltexasstangs.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2442&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Users who are viewing this thread