Just another black fox

JPD5801

Established Member
Yesterday was kinda nice, so I took some pics of the fox. I suck with the camera so any suggestions (OTHER THAN BUYING A TRIPOD) would be appreciated.

Picture017_50.gif

Picture020_50.gif

Picture02450.gif

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
looks really nice bro. The only thing i could think of is maybe invest in the 6 spiece headlight kit from 50resto.com for 79 bucks. It was the best 79 dollars i ever spent

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
nice car...only cosmetic things...cobra rear bumper and cobra grille...then finish it up with a paint job...and that thing will look bad ASS!!!

oh maybe chrome wheels.. saleens!

nice car

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Tri-pod, take all the GT ground effects off, Saleen wing and the cheese gradders. LX bumpers, 5-lug conv. 18x9 polished Saleens, LX wing, full repaint.

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
JPD5801 said:
I suck with the camera so any suggestions (OTHER THAN BUYING A TRIPOD) would be appreciated.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert photographer, and these are all suggestions, rather than rules.

- Shoot from different angles and heights. Head-level shots usually aren't that interesting.

Car%20Show%202006%20009.jpg

- Shoot in locations with interesting (and not distracting) backgrounds. For example, this is a horrible picture because the background is so cluttered with parking lines, stains, other bikes, etc:

SMHD%20Anniversary%202006%20011.jpg

- Shoot the sunny side of the car. The sun should usually be behind you.
- Use the "rule of thirds." A shot with the subject right in the center isn't as visually pleasing as one with the subject offset in one direction or the other. Pretend your screen is divided into thirds horizontally and vertically, and try to put your subject where the dividing lines meet. Depending on your camera, it might actually be able to display the lines on the screen for you.
- Experiment with distance and zooming. A close up shot looks much different from a distance shot with a long zoom, even though the subject might take up the same amount of the screen.

For instance, this is a close up:

Detail%202006-09-21%20019.jpg

This is the same shot taken from a distance using zoom:

Detail%202006-09-21%20020.jpg

One is not necessarily always better than the other. It just depends on how you want the shot to look.

- If you feel like messing with manual settings, I like taking close up detail shots with a wide aperture (set the f-stop as low as it will go) to provide a very narrow depth of focus. E.g. the background will be blurry. Here are some examples:

Car%20Show%202006%20045.jpg

Car%20Show%202006%20029.jpg

Car%20Show%202006%20036.jpg

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
66speed said:
Buy a tri-pod.

Are u fckin serious? Did you not read this thread? The author and like 3 people said that ahead of you.

If you're joking cool. If not, you fail at life.

JPD5801

Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys! I plan on getting a tripod and I guess I'll just keep playing with as many different angles, zoom, etc.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Those suggestions above are great! What kind of camera and equipment are you using? If you have a digital SLR, try some different lenses....they can change a picture incredibly! Once you get some more practice (and the tri-pod, LOL!) you'll be knocking them out! Good luck and have fun!

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread