Just an idea

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I am not in the military, but I do enjoy conversations relating to the subject, so im all for it! 203Cree has a good point but, we could give it a try.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
203Cree said:
I support it, but what purpose would it serve? There aren't a lot of mil. related topics on the boards here. We have one on one of the other boards I'm on, and it serves a purpose there, but the avg. age is a lot lower there too, meaning more people with ? about the military. I'm all for it, but I think there needs to be more of a demand here (IE it should be needed for usefull info, not just an OT area for milper).

There are a lot of military-related topics on this site. I have seen 10+ thread on Iraq alone in the last month.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'm not military, but I co-op as a civilian on a Naval base full of Marines. I'd love to hear whats goin on in the military. I'm all for it.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
I'm for it. I'm not sure how active it would be, but as a veteran of the 82nd Airborne, I'd visit and post. It'd be nice to have a place for strictly military pictures, videos, topics and the like. Iraq, Afghanistan, future campaigns, base closures... Actually, there's alot of topics that some people might be interested in discussing that normally get lost in Roadside or Pics/Videos Buffet. So it might be a pretty decently active sub-forum.

Anyway, +1.

Last edited:

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
This is the worst idea I've ever heard

j/k... I like it, just thought I'd throw in a down vote amongst the overwhelming positive.

I think it could be similar to, but hopefully not identical to, "the donut shop".

Ironhand

Banned
+1
I dont see why the people who have served this country shouldn't have their own section.

From a Future Marine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread