Just a thought about HE's

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
Now i know this has been brought up a million times but i was reading in the mm&ff the other day that LFP released its he and their aluminum coolant tank thing for the he.

now i was originally gonna buy the he from gords ford but it like 500 bucks and I can get the lfp he and his tank thing for like 530 and i can have it really quick because i live in austin and he is in houston.

anyone have the lfp he and could maybe give me their thoughts on the product, or maybe have his aluminum tank thing. i know their are some others for sale from other people but i havent had my cobra in a few years and have forgotten all the websites and places to go and stuff.

Just thought it would be something all of us could chat about and i can learn some new websites to check out and what not.

Info on cobra in sig, but mod wise it has jdm air filter, jdm chip, bassani xpipe and catback, 2.8 rr pulley and a tensioner from well i cant remember the place i got it from. anyways that is what it has so far, sorry it has been awhile

Thomas

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Have both, and I like them. I haven't really used the reservoir but it looks sweet and I know its there when I can finally get some tires and go to the track.

The HE looks nice and is proven to provide some beneficial results. I have an Excel spreadsheet I fabbed up regarding some posted datalogging numbers by a fellow board member. I can email it to you if you wish.

If you track the car, the reservoir is beneficial. If you're pullied (which I assume you are), the HE is one of the better mods to invest in to bring down the Intake Air Temps so the car will run more consistently after back to back pulls.

Other people that sell Heat Exchangers is Gords, Fluidyne and I think Afco still has one out. I recommend either the Gords or LFP. LFP customer service is outstanding as well.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
well guys nice responses. I have dealt with lfp before when i had my lightning and mark was great and that is why i thought about getting some more of his stuff.

thanks dks that would be nice my email is [email protected]

well keep the thoughts rolling on in.

Thomas

- Aj -

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
The HE looks nice and is proven to provide some beneficial results. I have an Excel spreadsheet I fabbed up regarding some posted datalogging numbers by a fellow board member. I can email it to you if you wish.

I would like to see the numbers. That would be a good thing to post up on this forum for other as well who are in the same boat.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
From my reading before getting the Gords HE & reserviour, it's really a toss-up. Both are better than stock and both will claim to be better than the other and both seem to perform about the same. If you want to safe a few bucks, LFP is the way to go. If you race shop stocks Gords, that might be the way to go. Good luck with it.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
well I did alot of reading on all of this today at work and i think i am gonna get the LFP. For more than one reason. First off his location is only a few hours from mine. I like the price and i know from past experience that his customer service is great. hell he let me drive to his house one weekend to pick up some parts i needed. who does that? I am gonna get the he and tank for around 500 bucks that is a great deal. I dont know how soon i am gonna be able to buy these 2 things but as soon as i do i will post up pics and my thoughts on the products. Thanks for all your help on this subject gentlemen, you guys helped me figure out something i have been pondering for awhile.

Thomas

moddedmystic

Established Member
I'd say go for it! Mark is a great person to deal with and their customer service is fantastic! The LFP HE is almost the same size as the Gords, within a 1/2 an inch. For pricing its hard to beat LFP. Just my .02

~Mark A

Users who are viewing this thread