Just a Reminder

Raven99

Established Member
Just a kind reminder to those who street race, and I like to when I get the opportunity, please please be careful.

A couple of nights ago a friend of the family was killed while taking her boyfriend and his brother home near San Diego.

She unknowingly pulled her Geo Storm out in front of two cars racing at night with their lights off!

A late 60's Mopar muscle car hit them at over 100 mph.

Her and her boyfriend were dead at the scene and the brother was still critical last I heard.

I don't mean to rain on your picnics, just thought I'd share the story.

Speed safely!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I am sorry for your loss.

That is the truth road racing is not smart and not safe.

If you dont care about your own life, care about the innocent people on the roads that you may devastate.

Tracks are for racing, roads are for driving.

God Bless them and my prayers are with them

Last edited:

Raven99

Established Member
Thanks for the thoughts and kind words Hulk!

Eveyone of us is tempted when sitting at a light, hopefully we'll all keep heads about us when this happens.

I know I'll think about it real hard the next time!

Regards!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I think about it everytime. I would have to live with those consequences of my misjudged actions.

LS1 Guy

Established Member
The temptation is tremendous for me. Especially last week where I was involved in two races on separate occasions. When they both were over I felt relieved that no one got hurt and I won. I also felt ashamed of myself for doing it and putting others at risk.

Unfortunately, it takes a story like this for me to put things into perspective and do the right thing. That's saving it for the track.

Raven99

Established Member
At least when those of us here succomb to the urge, we are at least smart enough to not race with no lights at night!

(I hope!)

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Very sorry to hear about your loss.

I can't believe they were racing with their headlights off. That's moronic. My only guess is they were trying to avoid police officers. If they wanted to race that bad they should've gone to the track...

LS1 Guy

Established Member
I expect that level of stupidity from the ricer community. Not the classics community.

At least the ricers have lights all over their cars so you can see them. And, they are not fast enough to hurt anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread