Just a little update I saw

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
that design is a big mistake if it's official.

people don't want a bland base model anymore.

that's why the camaro has been outselling the mustang.

And that car looks very retro, just with new headlights.

everything seems "off" about it.

A confused mess.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I thought it was supposed to be a huge departure from what it looks like now? Doesn't look that much different, at least I still recognize it as a Mustang.

Dark02Pony

Established Member
The gentleman over at mustang6g has said that this is just a rendering, that he has been too swamped with work to punch out something based off the CAD drawings.

"Getting crushed with actual work here at work.(ha) So new renders won't happen today.

Thanks, guys. And sorry to those who are not impressed with Ford's new design. Just remember, these renders are my impression and interpretation of the materials I had. I'm sure I got some things a little off. Some more than others. Believe me, if any angle or crease is off just a tiny bit, it throws off the whole gestalt. The real car will obviously be even more refined and pleasing."

Last edited:

M3AN COYOT3

Established Member
Now this is something to think about IMO This is really nice, I haven't seen many that look like this, prob the only pic Ive liked so far for the 15's

2015-Mustang-Rendering.jpg

darreng505

Established Member
It's quite clear that the Ford design team for the 2015 don't know what "defines" a mustang.
Those cad images in the AM blog are so utterly disgusting even if it wasn't "trying" to be a mustang. It's just an awful looking car. The above image is a bit better but still doesn't feel like a mustang.
This is what you get when you have design by committee. Every newbie college grad design guy who just joined the team has to put their mark on it. And that's when you get "a mess".

13GT5.0

Established Member
It's quite clear that the Ford design team for the 2015 don't know what "defines" a mustang.
Those cad images in the AM blog are so utterly disgusting even if it wasn't "trying" to be a mustang. It's just an awful looking car. The above image is a bit better but still doesn't feel like a mustang.
This is what you get when you have design by committee. Every newbie college grad design guy who just joined the team has to put their mark on it. And that's when you get "a mess".

A "global" team of designers since this is a global car now.

NametoShowOther

Established Member

Huh, people are complaining it looks too much like the old one on mustang6g

darreng505

Established Member
Not really. They say it looks too much like a fusion. We still don't have the real view of it though.

But the fact that some say it looks like a fusion and others say it looks too much like the current mustang just means its "a confused mess".

Users who are viewing this thread