Just a car...?

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
on the Z, just get it detailed, use a really good sealer like klasse, get a clear bar put on front, behind tires etc after paint correction is made and you can enjoy it all you want without have to worry about it getting messed up.

04_Mach1

Established Member
I had the same same dilema as you. When I had the 2004 Mach 1, I was always worried about the mileage. So, I never drove it that much. When I bought it in 2007, it had 72k miles. When I sold it in 2008, it had about 79k. I drove it about 7k for that year owned it. So, I sold that for something more enjoyable. I did get a hold of the new owner, and he stil owns it to this day.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I love driving my cars and trying to keep them clean. But I dont worry about their mileage. If I purchased an established vintage/collector car that was an actual investment I would worry about it.

BrianP

Established Member
i know my car is just a gt and nothing special. but since i bought it around january 26th, ive already put close to 9k miles on it and right now it sits at 114,5xx miles.

Dont stress about putting miles on it. As long as its well taken care of, get in there and enjoy the car like its supposed to be.

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
I would have sold my car a long time ago if I was concerned with mileage. Granted, I don't DD the car like I used to when I first got it. I used to put on average 15-20k miles/year on it. These past few years it's more like 5-8k miles/year.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I put 7k miles on my cobra with only about 6 weeks total driving time in the 2yrs I had it(was stationed overseas) and never even thought twice about a few hundred miles a day or the ~80k miles I sold it with. I guess i've always had "high" mileage vehicles aside from the Cobra, as in 100k+ so I never worry about it.

Even if I bought a brand spanking new GT500, that means I got about 100k miles before worrying about it. I'm more of the type that likes to see how many miles I can rack up rather than how many miles I can avoid.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
The Stang got beat on every time it came out of the garage, thats just how it is... I didn't build it not to. It doesn't get pulled out to often though because I got 2 other cars to drive and they are a little easier on gas/diesel.

truefiveo

Established Member
Lol silly man and his material things.
Drive the got damn car and shut up!

Its a damn massed produced Ford.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread