Jungle juice, looking for recipes....

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
So theres a big party coming up that my friends and I are throwing, 100+ people are likely to show up as there were 80+ last year. Im looking for ideas for the JJ. We used this recipe last year and will likely use it again but am open to new ideas. Lemme know what you got fellas!

Jungle Juice recipe
This is for a 20 gallon batch we are making 40 gallons
1 L Everclear® alcohol
5.25 L(3 1.75L bottles) vodka
1 bottle peach schnapps
1 pint Bacardi® 151 rum
1 bottle 99 Apples® apple schnapps
10 L Sprite® soda
1 L Sunny Delight® orange juice
1 L triple sec
1.75 Lbottle gin
1 bottle DeKuyper® Sour Apple Pucker schnapps
4 bottles Boone's Farm® Strawberry Hill wine
8 L Hawaiian Punch®
2 containers orange juice concentrate
fruit (as much as desired)

Use a large container ie. ice chest or similar. Allow the fruit to soak in all the alcohol for about 4 - 12 hours. Add all the juice and let sit overnight. Serve the next day

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
So far this is what we have for it, and yes I know you can use cheap stuff and make it taste almost as good but top shelf liqour or GTFH is the way we are gonna do it

IMG_20110402_175138.jpg

Last edited:

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
It all mixes together and you don't taste the cheapness anyway. The whole point it to get hammered, so why do so with an incredibly large bill? That is nuckin' futs.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
wow you got some money to throw away apparently. I'll give you my Paypal if you dont need your money lol!

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
It all mixes together and you don't taste the cheapness anyway. The whole point it to get hammered, so why do so with an incredibly large bill? That is nuckin' futs.

Yes I know this is true, however the morning after is when you can seriously tell the difference between a night filled with cheap liqour vs. more top shelf stuff or at least I usually can. I realize some of the stuff like the everclear and 151 and 99 banannas you dont really have a choice but seeing as how the bulk of the liqour is vodka and gin it def seems to make a difference. We used that exact recipe last year with top shelf vodka and gin and I def didnt feel as bad as I thought I was the next morning. Anyone see something I could do to make this better? Can anyone think of a good way to serve this, last year we bought two of the gatorade dispensers that you see sports teams use for water with the spout at the bottom but gave up on using the spout since it kept getting clogged. Some have suggested a screen but I would think thats just gonna get clogged with pulp from the fruit as well.

wow you got some money to throw away apparently. I'll give you my Paypal if you dont need your money lol!

Not me so much however the other 3 that are throwing the party all make over 100k a year and are single with no kids, so yeah life is pretty damn good right now :rockon:

Were also planning on getting a 1/2 keg of yuengling and a 1/4 keg of dogfishhead 90 minute that will go in my kegerator for the party, if theres any 90 minute left (which likely there will be) we will be able to store it for another month or so since it utilizes c02. I am really pumped for this party if you cant tell LOL.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i just used a two liter of sprite, a can of frozen juice (usually hawaiian punch) concentrate, and added everclear until you could barely taste it.

that reminds me, i need to google fat tuesday's 190 octane recipe. that stuff is delicious.

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Gonna be a goodnight lol! Send me some of your leftovers lol! I need a drink!

:beer:

i just used a two liter of sprite, a can of frozen juice (usually hawaiian punch) concentrate, and added everclear until you could barely taste it.

that reminds me, i need to google fat tuesday's 190 octane recipe. that stuff is delicious.

:read:

Will try this soon :coolman:

oldmodman

Established Member
Jungle juice no.

Torpedo juice I head about from my Uncle. He used to make it in the Pacific in WW2

Torpedo juice is American slang for an alcoholic beverage, first mixed in World War II, made from pineapple juice and the 180-proof grain alcohol fuel used in United States Navy torpedo motors.[1] Various poisonous additives were mixed into the fuel alcohol by Navy authorities to render the alcohol undrinkable, and various methods were employed by the U.S. sailors to separate the alcohol from the poison. Aside from the expected alcohol intoxication and subsequent hangover, the effects of drinking torpedo juice sometimes included mild or severe reactions to the poison, and the drink's reputation developed an early element of risk.

The U.S. torpedoes were powered by a miniature steam engine burning 180- or higher-proof ethyl alcohol as fuel. The ethyl alcohol was denatured by the addition of 5–10% "pink lady", a blend of dye, methanol and possibly other ingredients, in the first part of the Pacific War. Methanol causes blindness when ingested, and can't be made non-poisonous. The methanol was said to be (largely) removed by filtering the fuel mix through a compressed loaf of bread.

Later, a small amount of Croton oil was added to the neutral grain spirits which powered torpedoes. Drinking alcohol with the oil additive caused painful cramps, internal bleeding and a violent emptying of the bowels. It was intended as a replacement for methanol which had caused blindness in some sailors. To avoid the Croton oil, sailors devised crude stills to slowly separate the alcohol from the poison, as alcohol evaporated at a lower temperature than Croton oil. The stills were sometimes called 'Gilly' stills, and the resulting potable alcohol was known as 'gilly'

Sailors really will drink ANYTHING!

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member

Same recipe we use. Worm buckets are also good if people like jungle juice

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Yes I know this is true, however the morning after is when you can seriously tell the difference between a night filled with cheap liqour vs. more top shelf stuff ....

It's actually not usually the "cheap" vs "top shelf" that causes the hangover -- it's the amount of sugar you mix into the drink and/or impurities found in really low-end the liquor.
Since this Jungle Juice is loaded with sugar anyway, you're just blowing crazy money on liquor.
Save the Grey Goose and Belvedere for real drinks, and go get some middle-of-the-road vodka for the JJ...

But whatever, it's your money. I'm sure your friends won't complain..... :banana:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Jungle juice no.

Torpedo juice I head about from my Uncle. He used to make it in the Pacific in WW2

Interesting read, thanks for sharing :beer:

Same recipe we use. Worm buckets are also good if people like jungle juice

What are "worm buckets"?

It's actually not usually the "cheap" vs "top shelf" that causes the hangover -- it's the amount of sugar you mix into the drink and/or impurities found in really low-end the liquor.
Since this Jungle Juice is loaded with sugar anyway, you're just blowing crazy money on liquor.
Save the Grey Goose and Belvedere for real drinks, and go get some middle-of-the-road vodka for the JJ...

But whatever, it's your money. I'm sure your friends won't complain..... :banana:

Had not thought about this, def a good point but seeing as how its already bought and paid for its gonna be used for it. Multiple people are putting money down on this anyways so its not that bad.

Any good ideas on how to get this stuff to dispense good out of the gatorade containers, punch laddles work but it sucks when they fall into the JJ and you have to fish them out.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've never used real fruit in our jungle juice mixes. I'd say ditch the fruit, maybe add more juice to flavor and use those sports drink containers like before.

You dont want to have anything that requires dipping or pouring, so thats pretty much your only option.

Sapperstang

Established Member
That's not how you make jungle juice. You start with a base liquid and everybody lines up and adds whatever they want which can include spit, dirt, etc.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
2 Gallons Pink Lemonade
1 Handle Everclear (or 2 handles gin)
3-4 liters of sprite
Sliced up lemons, limes, and oranges with the juices squeezed into liquor

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Worm bucket:
Grenadine
Sprite
Rum
Pineapple juice

Sounds good will try soon!

I've never used real fruit in our jungle juice mixes. I'd say ditch the fruit, maybe add more juice to flavor and use those sports drink containers like before.

You dont want to have anything that requires dipping or pouring, so thats pretty much your only option.

Hmmm I see what your saying, may end up doing this although the fruit was def a big hit with everyone last year. There wasnt a single piece left! LOL

That's not how you make jungle juice. You start with a base liquid and everybody lines up and adds whatever they want which can include spit, dirt, etc.

Sounds DEeeeeeelishhhhhh :rolling:

I think ill pass on this version

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
2 Gallons Pink Lemonade
1 Handle Everclear (or 2 handles gin)
3-4 liters of sprite
Sliced up lemons, limes, and oranges with the juices squeezed into liquor

Another good recipe I will have to try, I like how some of these are simpler than the one I posted up. Dont get me wrong its really good and was talked about for months after the party but its pretty complex and costs a shit ton (even if your not doing it with top shelf) Thanks for all the suggestions fellas!

Users who are viewing this thread