juice and the L

bret

Established Member
I am getting a 01 L sometime this week or next... anyone know how well the engines respond to N20? any problems? longevity or otherwise? what "size shot" has been tested? at WOT? or at a certain rpm? or at a certain throttle position? any experience anyone has in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
If you want advice on Nitrous call Sal at PSP

From what I know these trucks respond very well to Nitrous, but you have to be very very carefull to make sure every thing is calibrated perfectly.

How fast do you want to do is the question you must ask yourself.
You can get these trucks to run low 12's without nitrous.

Myself I will never run nitrous on a supercharged motor, but many do.

Many of them have had no problems, but there are a few who have had some major problems. Only time will tell what the rest of them will make out.

I would start out like I have chip and filter the truck, then add a few more mods as you get used to the truck. You may find you are happy without the juice.

bret

Established Member
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
If you want advice on Nitrous call Sal at PSP

From what I know these trucks respond very well to Nitrous, but you have to be very very carefull to make sure every thing is calibrated perfectly.

How fast do you want to do is the question you must ask yourself.
You can get these trucks to run low 12's without nitrous.

Myself I will never run nitrous on a supercharged motor, but many do.

Many of them have had no problems, but there are a few who have had some major problems. Only time will tell what the rest of them will make out.

I would start out like I have chip and filter the truck, then add a few more mods as you get used to the truck. You may find you are happy without the juice.

i really wasn't worried about running n2o with a blower, it is a pretty common practice with really nice results. my question was more about the engine itself. how strong is the block/rods/pistons? how much can the injectors flow before they need to be upgraded? i would actually be more worried about changing the pulley size on the blower. rootes style blowers spin really fast in the higher rpms, and putting a smaller pulley is going to make them spin even faster. the pulley is just going to wear down the blower faster, no matter what rpm you are at... that worries me alot more then the occasional 75 shot.

i will definatly have the chip dyno tuned for whatever shot i run. but i just wanted to hear from actualy owner/operators on how well the bottom end is holding up to juice. obviously there is always going to be a mishap, nothing is perfect, but i just wanted to see in general how the engine was responding.

Juiced99

Established Member
Juice on a lightning hooks great. There are a few things you should know that I have had experiences with. I use a 75 shot of TNT nitrous, which is Texas Nitrous Technology. I run only a 2lb lower blower pulley, and they work great. The main concern is fuel pumps. You should upgrade to 255's in the tank. Then upgrade the plugs, and a possible Level 10 shift kit. Everything else is fine with the N2O. Injectors can hold more than enough for a 75 shot. I would not advise a 125 shot, a buddy threw a rod doing that, I would stay at 75. I hope that helps out alittle.

Justin

99 Lightning

90 MAF
12 inch S&B Filter
Ram air kit
JDM Flip Chip
JDM Oil Breather
3.73 Gears
Long Tube headers
X-Pipe
Magnaflow Mufflers
JL 2lbs Lower Pulley
Texas Nitrous Technology (TNT) 75hp Shot of NOS
28X12.50 ET Streets

Coming Soon

JDM Traction Bars
NGK T6 Spark Plugs
Boost Bypass
Aluminum Drive shaft
Drive shaft loop

strk by light.

Established Member
N2O

:cuss: that buddy that rhrew a rod was me i sprayed my 99 bolt with a 125 shot i now have the motor fully apart and messed up alot of internal parts bent valves,3 pistons,two rodsa crank and a oil pan ..i think that the motoors on the lightnings are built mainley for the blower..the connecting rods are week and the crank is only cast..my computer neglected to take out timing and i got some clatter and it was to late..we are currently rebuilding the motor t5here will be alot of changes ..this wont sound or run like a normal bolt ..JDM thinks he has the fastest non nos bolt we will just have to see and yes i will spray again ..

P.S i wore a twin turbo supra out when i blew my motor ..i love the JUICE...

strk by light.

Established Member
Justin Blackwell

:coolman: yep my name is jeremy and i am the one who blew the 99 bolt upwe have recently pulled the motor out and is fixing to rebuild it we are definately going to build the bottom end alot stronger than what it was a guy named chevy is going to put the motor back together..i have to buy a new block a new crank and of course we are going to put ross racing pistons and manley h-beam rods ..we are Also going to port and polish the heads get beafyer cams and going to try to get another blower with more boost i wi8ll put all the nos back on pluss alot more bolt ons ..my truck ran a 11.99 before the motor blew w/a 125 shot ..well would like to talk sometime about the lightnings so e-mail me .....Jeremy

strk by light.

Established Member
bret

:cryying: bret i was pushing about 6,500 rpm,s and real close to 14 pounds of boost,,and of course 125 shot ..i willl tell you not to be scared of nitrous just make sure when you get it you get your truck properly tuned for all of your mods ..talk toy uo later..Jeremy

bret

Established Member
Re: bret

Originally posted by strk by light.
:cryying: bret i was pushing about 6,500 rpm,s and real close to 14 pounds of boost,,and of course 125 shot ..i willl tell you not to be scared of nitrous just make sure when you get it you get your truck properly tuned for all of your mods ..talk toy uo later..Jeremy

HOLY SHNIKES! no wonder you threw a rod, thats alot of heat... you get an air intake temp or engine temp?

Users who are viewing this thread