Judge refuses to watch POLICE ASSULT VIDEO (let's LEO walk without charges)

musclefan21

Established Member
you certainly implied it. your silence otherwise speaks volumes

Silence? What silence? I have been pretty darn vocal in this thread.

Here I will even be more vocal, i agree with you RDJ, from the way it looked, that officer messed up! Loud enough?

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Lol, the good ol' boys said the suspect crouched. Where in the hell does he ever crouch? He got elbowed, because after the officer called him a lying piece of shit, he mouthed off something that pissed off the cop. Cop elbowed him in the mouth. It's pretty clear what happened.

Kiohtee

Established Member
What if the suspect were a registered sex offender (indecent liberties with a minor) and he mouthed to cop about getting a hold of his underage daughter? How many of you would be justifying the action now, even though legally not a thing has changed concerning that officer's right to be physical?

I agree that what the cop did was wrong, point blank. No excuses, no exceptions. I feel he should be fired and never work in law enforcement (or any position of authority) again, but I know how some of you are anti-LEO no matter what the circumstances are and will look for any way to put LEOs out of work.

dooberGN

Established Member
LOL at all the police threads in this site.

I am sure everything is exactly the way it is being told and there is nothing else to it to any story.

I am talking about what happened in the court room, why the judge did what she did.

About the elbow to that dude, it looked like the officers and the prisoner had some issues long before the video. Looked personal at that time.

this is what I was referring to.

Sick SVT

Established Member
As much as I'm pro police, this Leo was flat out wrong. He lost his cool and was fired rightfully so. The judge is an idiot also. Anyone that tries to defend this video is also an idiot as the video doesn't lie. In some circumstances force is necessary by a Leo but not this time...

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
How would I know? All I am saying is, things arent as media tells them they are. There is more to what happened in the court room than we know.

That doesn't excuse the judge from ignoring viable proof that the officer did wrong.

Imagine if someone stole your Cobra, you had clear video of it, and the judge ignored it, and let the shitbag go? I bet you'd burn the courthouse to the ground.

Machdup1

Established Member
That doesn't excuse the judge from ignoring viable proof that the officer did wrong.

Imagine if someone stole your Cobra, you had clear video of it, and the judge ignored it, and let the shitbag go? I bet you'd burn the courthouse to the ground.

Judges preclude/"ignore" evidence all the time. That does not mean they are corrupt. If you have spoken to the court and asked it why the evidence was not allowed, please provide that quote.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Judges preclude/"ignore" evidence all the time. That does not mean they are corrupt. If you have spoken to the court and asked it why the evidence was not allowed, please provide that quote.

from everything I have found, she has refused to comment on her reasoning. seeing as how police videos are used against civilians all the time, and probably in her court as well, there is very little doubt that there is something shady going on. whether it is her or that congressman who says police videos should be used only against civilians and not the police themselves.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I'm going to have to jump in on this one and ask, looking at the scenario of the video, what would make it legally right to hit a restrained perp who looked like he wasn't struggling? He could make a bomb threat or a threat to kill that cop's family but it still wouldn't justify the cop hitting him. Just sayin'.
Once the suspect is in custody (restrained), his safety is the sole responsibility of the arresting officer and organization. IF THE CUFFS ARE ON TOO TIGHT, we can be charged with countless charges.

The judge and cop are incorrect in this... Even if the man spit, retaliation is NOT permitted. Punishment is NOT a Law Enforcement Officers duty...

musclefan21

Established Member
The judge and cop are incorrect in this... Even if the man spit, retaliation is NOT permitted. Punishment is NOT a Law Enforcement Officers duty...

Disgareed! If an arrestee / detainee spits on you and you clock him = justified. Been done so many times, not even funny.

Spit = battery.

Well, let me add this, it is here in IL

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
What if the suspect were a registered sex offender (indecent liberties with a minor) and he mouthed to cop about getting a hold of his underage daughter? How many of you would be justifying the action now, even though legally not a thing has changed concerning that officer's right to be physical?

I agree that what the cop did was wrong, point blank. No excuses, no exceptions. I feel he should be fired and never work in law enforcement (or any position of authority) again, but I know how some of you are anti-LEO no matter what the circumstances are and will look for any way to put LEOs out of work.

I think that would fall under the same protections under the law that the Westboro Baptist Church gets. Just because someone says something that angers you doesn't give you a free pass to hit them. A cop that lets words get under his skin shouldn't be on the force.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Based on the video and information provided in the article the judge should be fired, the officer should not get his job back, and he and the department should be sued. The guy was in cuffs and not struggling at all, he should not have been struck like that. I could understand if her weren't being compliant but that doesn't look to be the case. If he spit that's another story too....

Last edited:
How much does that guy need to pay though? He's already lost his job. Losing your job as an LEO for misconduct is a serious black mark on any resume. As if life isn't difficult enough for that guy now its to be made even more difficult over a stupid forearm bash? Like someone indicated before, probably settling an old score on the job.

Judges have a great deal of discretion. And I don't see any further need to go after this LEO for charges. It doesn't make anyone an idiot either. There's a lot of 'illegal conduct' that takes place on the job. Many though want to magnify the incidents where physical aggression is displayed on camera, while overlooking all the other 'subtle' misconduct.

Users who are viewing this thread