jpc turbo kit

streetmuscle07

Established Member
Is anybody runing this set up with a ball bearing upgrade on the turbo.i would like to see a dyno graph an see the power come in

WGPpaintball118

Cadillac Magnet
Established Member
Anytime you run a ball bearing turbo vs. a journal bearing turbo the spool time will be shorter and the power will come in sooner. Prolly by about 300-700 RPM earlier (maybe more, all depends on compressor and turbine size, AR, etc.) It is definitely a better option, the main thing you have to do is decided if it is in your budget and/or worth the money to you for the upgrade.

As mentioned above, call the guys at JPC, they are good. A friend up here has a car they did with their turbo kit on it and it is gorgeous and works well. Those guys know their stuff.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Here's a quick graph to show you how quick the boost comes in. This is a 7675 Ball bearing turbo

Kevin floored it at 3300rpm. It had 9psi by 3500rpm, 15psi by 3800rpm and 17 psi by 4000 rpm. So that's pretty much within a blink of an eye when you think about the lower gears.
That again is the ball bearing turbo, the journal bearing doesnt fall very far behind though (i'd say its around 200rpm slower). Which all things being said is pretty close to being a light switch.

Just an FYI we didnt want to rev this car out as it still had factory block and he had a 15 hour (1000mile) drive home in the car. Which is why this pull only went to 6500 rpm.

Dyno Sheet-
BradBench1066dyno001_zps2e7b72ad.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhY6o4_xshM

This car is a stick shift car -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcj8IOAMJiA

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I would choose BB for durability more than anything. I've tried two 61mm turbos that were almost identical size and A/R, one BB and one JB and spool time was nearly the same. It may be a little more of a difference with a 76mm, but I doubt it would be more than a hundred or 2 rpm's.

Users who are viewing this thread