JPC Turbo Kit 9.14 @ 153 6r80 street car

Stevem17500

Established Member
Its a stock 13 block with the RGR Support System

cyoblksupports003_zps4b14d1f7.jpg

cyoblksupports_zpsc0c3fa3a.jpg

How much does something like this run....

D.T.R

Established Member
wow that thing is riding out!
3900lbs with the driver in it? that's with bigs and littles? how the heck is that thing so heavy with bigs and littles (which shave like 80lbs compared to stock wheels and tires)?

I weighed my 14" A6 premium with full weight other than the spare removed and bigs & littles and it weighed in at 3460lbs.

I see how is pushing through the converter... you guys think the converter might be a little too tight still?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
wow that thing is riding out!
3900lbs with the driver in it? that's with bigs and littles? how the heck is that thing so heavy with bigs and littles (which shave like 80lbs compared to stock wheels and tires)?

I weighed my 14" A6 premium with full weight other than the spare removed and bigs & littles and it weighed in at 3460lbs.

I see how is pushing through the converter... you guys think the converter might be a little too tight still?

Its a Glass Roof with every option you can get. Car has 0 weight reduction other then rear seat delete

Plus added weight from turbo and roll cage

:rockon:

D.T.R

Established Member
oh gotcha. i tried looking for a cage but i didn't see it. yeah in that case i totally believe it haha

niterydr

Established Member
WOW! I saw this car up at Cecil but didn't get a chance to actually watch him run. Damn that car moves!

Eric@jpc

Established Member
So bad ass

yea if he keeps cranking off these low 9 second passes he will have to make a decision to finish the cage and do a window net and everything.

I think the car is a perfect and i wouldnt want to add all that stuff. I know he enjoys racing, so it will be up to him.

toomnymods

Established Member
I seen how the brakes wouldn't hold it off the line while brake stalling.. My old turbo truck had the same issue, soon as the manifold seen boost the boost would go into the brake booster and cause the brakes to fail and then i'd go thru the red light. what I did was install a simple plastic $5.00 checkvalve that way the manifold could never send boost to the brake booster, but would still pull a vacuum at idle.
Dunno if this is the same problem that I was having but looked similar..

Eric@jpc

Established Member
I seen how the brakes wouldn't hold it off the line while brake stalling.. My old turbo truck had the same issue, soon as the manifold seen boost the boost would go into the brake booster and cause the brakes to fail and then i'd go thru the red light. what I did was install a simple plastic $5.00 checkvalve that way the manifold could never send boost to the brake booster, but would still pull a vacuum at idle.
Dunno if this is the same problem that I was having but looked similar..

Yea we are used a Check valve already.

Honestly the converter is still too tight and its hard to get on the 2 step. You need to be over 2900 for the turbo to really start doing its thing. I have had some practice in the car and have been able to foot brake the car to about 8PSI and get it to hold. Al just needs some more practice

Users who are viewing this thread