JPC ...Takes care you You like non other

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I'll for warn you guys this is gonna be a long post, but worth the read. JPC is hands down the best customer service around. I am not a previous JPC customer and this is my first dealings with them so i believe this really shows there true colors. As many know i my engine took a dump on me a lil while back. i had just ordered a set of JPCs heads and cams so i decided to get them to build me a longblock since they hadn't shipped to heads out yet. i dropped of my longblock so they woulkd have all the parts to re assemble it and reuse my block and crank. after everything thing came in and i asked justin if they could build something to hold the motor on the back of my truck since i live 4 1/2 hours away and did not wanna use a tire lol. the jig worked great and i got the motor back in the car the next day. When i fired it up i was greeted with a knock .... no bueno. i did a little break in time on the lift with some varying rpms still no good. i called justin the next day and told him what was up. he told me not to worry about a thing that he would that care of it, i didnt have to turn another bolt. he said bring the car to him since he was gonna tune it after the fact anyway. i told justin i sold my trailer to buy the new motor and hes response in perfect morals was.. hey no problem i'll come get in on my own trailer if you want me to( 4 1/2 hours away). At this point i'm feeling pretty good cause i have gotten the bad end of parts deals in the past and was sure i was gonna be tearing it down and trouble shooting my self. The next impressive thing was that i didnt get pushed back in line at there shop. As soon as his engine guy was there they started tearing it down and trouble shooting. they tryed timing tensioners first then followers(sounded like the area off the noise), lash adjusters, cam phasers, took the heads off checked everying thing. the had the motor apart 3 times and out twice and new head gaskets and head bolt everytime. they sent the shortblock to the machine shop to have all the tolorences checked because at this point it was wracking there brains they said this was there 11 or 12 coyote motor and never had any noise. the last time it was apart rich said the only thing he didnt like was how far the piston skirts came out the bore at the bottom of the stroke, .700ths, and tought it could be cause some rock and idle speeds... and guess what thats the only brand part that was different than the pevious coyote motors done by JPC/RGR . with this knowledge at hand we ordered a different brand piston and justin said he would just furnish a new block and crank just to have a fresh base to work with at this point....... and the conclusion with the only change being the pistons....quite as a church mouse with the piston company now talking about a design change because the current is junk.. first time and last time i will ever use (untill pending outcome) brand X pistons. Not only my frustration did they cause but also JPC defitinately LOST money at there expense aka (time head bolts head gaskets all the other new parts and probably a week and a half labor not to metion not being able to work on other cars at the shop. Through all of this i was always treated right and my stuff was priority to be made good on and never did i have to drop a cent or feel mistreated. JPC is truely there for the customer and goes about and beyond to make thing right. A big thanks to Justin adam tommy and the rest of the JPC crew.

PS guys numbers soon... JPC HCI 11.5:1 coyote

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
wow, they really went above and beyond! its good to hear shops out there doing this kind of stuff.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
holy crap, let me get my jaw off the floor here...for them to do all that and it turns out it wasn't even something they did wrong is mind blowing

props to jpc for going way above and beyond

kingnut

Established Member
dude although you wrote a shitload. you could atleast break it up into paragraphs.

FastRedPonyCar