JPC Single or Hellion TT?

OG_

Established Member
I'm trying to decide on which one to go with. Both are amazing kits but looking for the pro's & cons for each. Problems? I imagine I will have a bit of lag with the JPC...

It's for a stock 2013 auto GT. I like to drive it whenever I feel like it...sometimes it will sit for a week or two, sometimes I'll drive it for days on end. I just want something that will not give me a bunch of problems while on the road. I plan to just do the turbo only and leave the rest stock for a while. As pf now, I'm kind of leaning towards the JPC kit...

Thank in advance for the info :dancenana:

*edit*

What else should I address as far as suspension/transmission? I'm a noob with the new 5.0's :)

Last edited:

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I have a similar post up right now. The JPC kit is proven, I dont see the lag concern, makes great power and fitment is excellent. I think it also leave you some room to upgrade if you decide to build a race car

w3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Established Member
I dont have a 5.0 but I personally would go with the JPC or CPR kit. Both kits are proven and can make well over 1000 rwhp if you ever decide to go balls out.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I say honestly if you get a good tuner and build everything out right you can do either a twin or single setup and be golden it all falls along personal preference IMO.

poof100

Established Member
I'm obviously biased, but I love my JPC Single Turbo kit. No lag at all. The Hellion kit is nice as well and from the early verdicts on the CPR kit, those look nice as well. All of the Turbo kits will make power.

The latest Race Pages has a good section on Turbo systems and setups. Check out the latest issue and there's an article on my JPC Turbo Boss build in there with some good pictures.

Race Pages Magazine | NMRA

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
CPR kit with his transbrake and leave everyone else in the dust.

hitmix300

Established Member
I am also having a hard time making a choice. It's difficult to determine a kit to go with. Twins are sexy, there's no doubt about that.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The hellion twin kit has a stalling issue going on, and it looks like no one to this point has been able to solve it...JPC kit is proven CPR kit also, I think the CPR kit comes with its own headers, don't know if the JPC kit does!

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
The hellion twin kit has a stalling issue going on, and it looks like no one to this point has been able to solve it...JPC kit is proven CPR kit also, I think the CPR kit comes with its own headers, don't know if the JPC kit does!

The CPR kit doesn't come with headers, they come with works of art that also function as headers... :D The JPC kit does not include headers. Both kits are very impressive

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm obviously biased, but I love my JPC Single Turbo kit. No lag at all. The Hellion kit is nice as well and from the early verdicts on the CPR kit, those look nice as well. All of the Turbo kits will make power.

The latest Race Pages has a good section on Turbo systems and setups. Check out the latest issue and there's an article on my JPC Turbo Boss build in there with some good pictures.

Race Pages Magazine | NMRA

reading that article, more specifically the "single vs twin" part, it seems like they prefer twins over single.

D.T.R

Established Member

Although i've seen a couple of guys on here having stalling problems, i can tell you that i know of 2 hellion twin kits locally and NEITHER of these guys have that problem.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

I disagree. 04sleeper's car runs and drives like a stock car with no issues. You'd never even know the wasn't stock until he puts his foot into it.

Personally, I think it comes down to either kit you can get the better price on. Neither kit you can really go wrong with in regards to performance.

techwerkz

Established Member
CPR gets my vote, with JPC right there. After seeing a few of the TT setups up close, just not a fan. They look cool, but that's really it.

poof100

Established Member
reading that article, more specifically the "single vs twin" part, it seems like they prefer twins over single.

For an all out race car, sure a set of 88mm or bigger Twins will definitely make some power and be the preferred route in the high dollar Heads up classes. I don't think you will get many arguments from us Single Turbo guys. However, depending on what Class you want to run and rules, the Single Turbo route allows you to run more Heads up classes.

For the street, both kits make power. I'd like to see a Hellion or other TT kit run a set of 67s or bigger though to see the true power potential.

We may be seeing what a 68mm single will do on a coyote this winter :rockon:
Is this transbrake for a 6R80?

Not sure what CPR's plans are for a brake, but Yes, most likely. There's another Trans company out there testing a Brake with the 6R80 that should be out soon as well.

Last edited:

keoni1984

Established Member
The CPR kit doesn't come with headers, they come with works of art that also function as headers... :D The JPC kit does not include headers. Both kits are very impressive
LOL! :thumbsup: They are very nice pieces..

CPR forward facing headers and down pipe..
photobucket-23721-1345860117267.jpg

photobucket-24521-1345860094860.jpg

The JPC kit is nice too, those guys know their stuff. They don't come with headers though.

poof100

Established Member
LOL! :thumbsup: They are very nice pieces..

CPR forward facing headers and down pipe..
photobucket-23721-1345860117267.jpg

photobucket-24521-1345860094860.jpg

The JPC kit is nice too, those guys know their stuff. They don't come with headers though.

The CPR headers are definitely a nice piece and show some nice craftsmanship. Thumbs up to CPR on this!!

Some food for thought, the 7 second JPC car uses off the shelf JBA 1 3/4" headers. Would like to test the Kooks headers with my kit, although would like to test a 1 3/4" Kooks shorty instead of the standard 1 7/8".

Users who are viewing this thread