Joined the 700 H.P. club today thanks to the CORN!!

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Pretty excited to be running E-85 (mainly because of the fuel savings over my previous 104 unleaded $8.63 per gal) But also because the corn makes so much power! I laid down 722 h.p. and 649 t.q. through a 2.9 Whipple, lethal 850 hp return style kit with 80's and a 3.00 upper (22 lbs) on a conservative 22 degrees timing. Sure we could have tuned at 25 degrees of timing perhaps, but I was ecstatic with the #'s and wanted to leave a little bit in the bag so I would not be threshold riding. Fear the ear baby!:rockon:

Last edited:

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Congrats man...I made so far 669whp on a 2.2 kb @ 19psi , wish I have a return fuel set up now but since I don't I need not just the whipple 2.9 , I also need to spend another 1k on fuel system ..so ain't gona happen now ..Congrats on your numbers that's awesome !!!

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
Nice numbers! how much headroom do you have left with the 850 return kit on E85 at your power level? How much did you gain over the race gas?

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I'm jealous I wish I had an e85 station

^^^^ I feel you , I think if I couldn't run no more e85 due to no close stations I would sell the car lol , I would never go back to 93 ..I gained 82whp switching fuels and 5* more deg of timing ..awesome stuff ..I just wish I went return system since day one when I did the e85 conversion ..BTW OP , that's great numbers for 22 psi ..I believe somebody on this board made 735whp with your set up @ 27 psi ..but I think he needs LT' s badly at that power level .

Last edited:

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Congrats man...I made so far 669whp on a 2.2 kb @ 19psi , wish I have a return fuel set up now but since I don't I need not just the whipple 2.9 , I also need to spend another 1k on fuel system ..so ain't gona happen now ..Congrats on your numbers that's awesome !!!
Thanks man, it was def. money well spent!
Nice numbers! how much headroom do you have left with the 850 return kit on E85 at your power level? How much did you gain over the race gas?
The pumps aren't even breaking a sweat yet, we added fuel pressure up top for the injectors because they were starting to weaken a little, but after a bump from 40 fuel pressure to 55, it was money. I gained 80 hp and 109 tq from 104 race gas to e 85 lol !!
I'm jealous I wish I had an e85 station
Mine is like 30 minutes away but well worth the drive for sure!
Nice #'s................enjoy !!
Thanks man!!!

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
30 mins away from the E85 station ??? Man , i was complaining with my 10mins drive to fill up lol ..but like you said is worth running "race gas " everyday for less than regular gas $$$$

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
30 mins away from the E85 station ??? Man , i was complaining with my 10mins drive to fill up lol ..but like you said is worth running "race gas " everyday for less than regular gas $$$$
Haha, simple fix, 55 gallon barrel and fill it up, gas station in your garage!
Awesome congrats! Looks similar to what I am building now! Cant wait to hit 700hp like you!
Thanks man, it feels insaneeeeee!
Hey man where is the e85 station you go to? I am in greensboro and I have not seen one yet.
Lexington, its called Sparkeys, right off the exit.
Do you have long tubes?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Yep I do.

Termilvr

Established Member
Awesome I have the exact same setup going in as we speak

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread