Joined the 12 sec club

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
in the end it comes down to track conditions and the driver. then the tune has to be there... if all of them line up you'll run good... any one of them is outta wack and youll have problems

Well thats it then, you figured it out for me. Its the driver, that guy is a tool! :D

Its all in the 60 ft. Isn't it true .1 in the 60ft = .3 off the quarter? (give or take) Just like 100 pound weight reduction is good for .1 It all adds up.
You are correct Sir.

Wow, thats a 7lb difference and the same mph, just crazy.

Yea but then again my trucks not even tuned yet, I was only running 10* of timing up top on that run :thumbsup: (Hopefulyl tonight will be better after the tune)

03SNOWBALL , definetly lose the cover and tailgate, shoot even yank off the front sway bar, I do that everytime. Sheds almost 200lbs from the truck...
That would be another 2/10th's in the 1/4 mile.

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzqfWyhx394&feature=user"]YouTube - Svt Lightning Kilkare[/ame]

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Drop spare tire, tailgate, and the tonneau cover and you will be trapping higher and i'll be a 12.7 as well...

What was the temp/humidity??

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
Yeah I need to work on more seat time it was about 68 out humidity was around 70.I don't have the spare or tow hitch on there.My truck seems to turn off and actually has when I tap on the gas and then brake.sort of when I get in or out the driveway.The other day I was comming out from a gas station and gave it gas then braked suddenly because there was a car commming and my truck shut off.Turns right back on though.Checked the battery and it read 13.2 If I remeber correctly 14.2 with the truck on.

white01

T76GTS Power
Established Member
Nice, wish I could have made it last night. Congrats on the 12's bro.

Rich

mcafferty

Established Member
congrats on the 12
I just got mine last fall now i am installing my LT headers we will see if that does anything.

we have very similar mods why such a diff in tq?

Last edited:

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
congrats on the 12
I just got mine last fall now i am installing my LT headers we will see if that does anything.

we have very similar mods why such a diff in tq?

lost some back pressure with the Headers thus creating less torque.

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
Nice, wish I could have made it last night. Congrats on the 12's bro.

Rich

Thanks Rich It wasn't the best weather I had to call 3-4 times to see if they were still running the weather is always changing,I'm glad I got that 12 sec run cuz i won't be able to go back until May.

Users who are viewing this thread