Join me at Summit Raceway MACA

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am planning to instruct at a SVT Cobra Mustang Club event at Summit Raceway. It would be great to see some MACA crew at the track. Novice drivers will get around 100 minutes a day, which is more than most any other organization. Experienced drivers will get more than 200 minutes of driving a day. I am planning to stay at the track. I'll have a firepit, so bring your beer. Here are the details

SCMC/ModularBoss/TCUSA on Track at Summit Point - September 20-21-2014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This event is an HPDE open track format on the Summit Point Main Circuit for two days. Here is the information you will need for this event.

Where: Summit Point Motorsports Park, Summit Point, WV

When: September 20-21, 2014

Cost: $450.00 for two days or $265.00 for one day. If you meet the early bird registration for the two day option, you will receive a $55.00 discount or $395.00 for two days. Your early registration must be a physical check mailed to the address supplied on the registration form.

The first 20 sign ups will receive a $100.00 discount till either the slots are filled or until August 1, 2014 arrives. Please check the list below to see how many $100.00 discount spots are available. The discount give you a $350.00 two day fee and you must mail in a physical check or money order to take the discount.

You must be a member of either SCMC or TCUSA in order to participate in our on track events. To join one of these clubs, go to www.svtcobraclub.com if you own an SVT Mustang/SVT Shelby GT500/Boss 302 or go to www.trackclubusa.com to join if you do not own an SVT Mustang/SVT Shelby GT500/Boss 302. Regular price of $450.00 goes into effect if you do not register on line or mail your check by the September 1, 2014 deadline. You do not have to be a member if you are entering the car show.

Cutoff date for early bird discount: August 1, 2014 or when the first 20 spots are filled.

Cancellation Policy: No refunds, you may find a replacement for your spot. This event is limited to 75 paying participants per day.

Here is the format:

Track Time: 9am - 12pm / 1pm - 5pm
There will be 4 novice sessions of 20 to 30 minutes per day
The remaining track time will be open session for all experienced drivers and instructors.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I used to be in the SCMC. Is Tony S...the leader I guess..coming? I might come by for one day to watch. Been awhile since I've been there.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Unless Tony sells it he will always be the leader. Sign up and blow the cob webs out of the GT500. Even if you don't it would be good to see MACA there.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Unless Tony sells it he will always be the leader. Sign up and blow the cob webs out of the GT500. Even if you don't it would be good to see MACA there.

Ah....okay well I might come down. I never met him so I'd like to and some of the other guys I spoke with.

LOL....yeah she for she needs the cobwebs blown out! One of these days I'll do it. It might be a next year thing. It seems like it might be a good idea to do. I would be a total novice just wanting to learn how to drive...or better said perhaps unlearn what I do wrong now.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member

As in I'll need a roll bar? If so then my car will never hit the track. It's unlikely that I'd ever do a roll bar....at least any time soon. I'd need to find one I really like for a vert and I've not seen that yet. Or I'd have to put in the light bar to hide it....

wheelhopper

Established Member
^No roll bar in vert=no track time. That is with any organization or club that I know of that does track duty.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
^No roll bar in vert=no track time. That is with any organization or club that I know of that does track duty.

Looks like I'll be a spectator then....I'm not anxious to add a roll bar. Oh well...the next Cobra/Shelby will have to be coupe....or perhaps someone wants to let me borrow their car? LOL!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Mike, you should still go up and get a ridealong. We have a few Mustangs that have a second seat. You could use my helmet if you want.
Doug, who's up there this time?

wheelhopper

Established Member
Looks like me, Rodney, and Eric Donovan from our usual crew. Smaller group than we usually have, which means we may end up hanging with the CMC guys on Saturday night. Which could be a bad thing.

Unfortunately I do not have a passenger seat right now. I will be getting one soon. I don't think that Eric will be able to give any rides since he runs TT and instructs and his car does double duty with his Dad. Rodney will probably give rides and I am sure we can find others willing to offer a ride.

dragon40k

Established Member
Looks like me, Rodney, and Eric Donovan from our usual crew. Smaller group than we usually have, which means we may end up hanging with the CMC guys on Saturday night. Which could be a bad thing.

Unfortunately I do not have a passenger seat right now. I will be getting one soon. I don't think that Eric will be able to give any rides since he runs TT and instructs and his car does double duty with his Dad. Rodney will probably give rides and I am sure we can find others willing to offer a ride.

Doug you posted the SCMC event in September but it seems we are discussing the NASA event coming this weekend.
I'm bringing the family this weekend but will not be attending the SCMC event. I think my boys are going to love it.

I plan on paddocking in the back woods just to keep the boys away from all the paddock speeders. However if those CMC guys follow their usual routine it will be the loudest area and biggest party in the paddock.

Mike I'd be happy to give you a ride. Once you sign a waiver and get your arm band getting a ride is usually a matter of being near the grid and asking a worker

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Doug you posted the SCMC event in September but it seems we are discussing the NASA event coming this weekend.
I'm bringing the family this weekend but will not be attending the SCMC event. I think my boys are going to love it.

I plan on paddocking in the back woods just to keep the boys away from all the paddock speeders. However if those CMC guys follow their usual routine it will be the loudest area and biggest party in the paddock.

Mike I'd be happy to give you a ride. Once you sign a waiver and get your arm band getting a ride is usually a matter of being near the grid and asking a worker

I'd appreciate that except I won't be there this weekend. I will be there in September though. Although I may try to attend more of these next year...or remainder of the year. Seems fun.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
You mean light bar right? Or did you get an actual roll bar installed?

Tony means his head is a roll bar. LOL

Sorry, light bars don't cut it.

Right Rodney, this thread was about SCMC in Sept. I am gonna try and run up this Sat to the NASA race to spectate for awhile (Doug, you gonna be there too?)

Tony, if you're interested, we could roll up together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread