Johnny's Twin turbo 04 build

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
So I figured I would start a build thread. Any help and advice is gladly appreciated!!!
stuff I have so far
built 5.0 stroker, boss block and billet internals still at the machine shop. Stock heads ported and maybe cams
cg twin hot side stainless, cg cold side, twin 62/66 precision turbos.
Team z k member kit
sullivan intake with hpp upper
leathal 1400 fuel kit on e85

things I'm thinking about

should I steer away from using the sully?
should I go auto? Th400?
i want to keep the irs it's already built. The car is 80% seeing street duty with an occasional rip down the track.

I will ill update as much as possible as I go along! :beer:

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
7B12206F-0AD9-44F6-8C09-4831E8B54082_zpsr8sqtux9.jpg

Old set up. Made 708hp in psi on e85. #7 piston lean popped due to altinator failure

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
If you are planning it to be mostly a street car, I would ditch the Sullivan combo and go with a '99/'01 manifold. I have the Sullivan and my friend has an '01 manifold TT setup, his is much more fun from a stoplight than mine. Of course there are other variables since he has different turbos and a stroker setup, but I think due to the vast difference in response it has to be mostly the intake.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
The intake to use depends on the goal for the car. Mine is a street car too, but it's main job is to take care of business on late weekend nights, mostly from a roll. A stock intake would be a choke for me.

And you should definitely do a th400, it takes a turbo car to a whole new level.

badblacklx

Established Member
A ported shortened runner 99-01 03/04 Mach intake will outperform a Sullivan in the operating range of the stock computer rpm limit.

Now if you upgrade the ecu and plan to spin it 8500 rpm I agree with the Sullivan 100% but you will also need good heads/cams etc.

Ourobos

Established Member
How in the world did you shoe horn that out of the top of the car? I see the brake components still bolted to the firewall.. Thought that was impossible.

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
How in the world did you shoe horn that out of the top of the car? I see the brake components still bolted to the firewall.. Thought that was impossible.

It wasn't to bad. Dropped the trans pulled the radiator and blower. There was plenty of room. If I wasn't by myself I would've dropped the k member but this seemed safer for being a one man show

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
The intake to use depends on the goal for the car. Mine is a street car too, but it's main job is to take care of business on late weekend nights, mostly from a roll. A stock intake would be a choke for me.

And you should definitely do a th400, it takes a turbo car to a whole new level.

What kind of rear gear are you running. Also what does the boost come on? Any good suggestions where to buy a th400 kit? Thanks and your car is nasty iv seen a few videos

A ported shortened runner 99-01 03/04 Mach intake will outperform a Sullivan in the operating range of the stock computer rpm limit.

Now if you upgrade the ecu and plan to spin it 8500 rpm I agree with the Sullivan 100% but you will also need good heads/cams etc.

Is there Somone that ports these? It may be worth sellj g and going ported cobra.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
What kind of rear gear are you running. Also what does the boost come on? Any good suggestions where to buy a th400 kit? Thanks and your car is nasty iv seen a few videos
Thanks man, boost comes on about 4800 and I run 3.27 gears. Lots of options and info on the th400. I would personally find someone local that knows what they are doing instead of one of the big tranny shops. I have an entire build sheet on all the parts and pieces we used when you get closer to wanting to do that.

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
Yea I called a few today. They want around 4200$ for the trans and bell housing. Would still need cooler, shifter, mount, converter and drive shaft....

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Thanks man I may try and do that. Your car is awesome btw

Thanks!

The motor easily comes out around the hydroboost assembly, just nudge the hoist a little if you need more clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread